1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Forza 2 demo on Live

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BioSniper, 10 May 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Toshiba 1080p LCD.

"Under a grand now, bargain price considering the quality" /TR editor.

2. Tim S

Tim S OG

We've got a 42" Toshiba LCD (1080p) and I think it looks great. Sure, there is a lack of anti-aliasing, but it delivers on the driving front and looks better than GT4.

3. bloodcar

bloodcar Active Member

If I could afford one, I'd pick up a Westinghouse 42" 1080p LCD for under $1500. Damn nice tv and offers plenty of options under the service menu.

Right now though, I'm on a 32" SDTV and playing from around 15' away the graphics look nice. When I sat closer a few minutes ago though, I noticed the lack of AA that everyone else has stated. The reflections looked fine to me though and I still say the environment looks lovely but that could be the difference between playing at 480p and 1080p.

4. K

K 528491

So MS have done away with that whole 'Gold users get demos first' thing? Or is this just a one off? Either way, I'm very happy it's downloading!

5. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I don't think it looks anywhere near as good as I was expecting to be honest. Braking is a bit harsh as well.

Dunn, really, going to play some more over the weekend but I may cancel my pre-order

6. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules New Member

I feel the same way. I was expecting it to look a lot better. This might make me sound like a Gran Turismo fanboy, but...I'll pass this and wait for Gran Turismo.

7. BioSniper

BioSniper New Member

I totally agree with Bindi, it's pretty ugly though I have had people in my clan complaining at me saying that "it looks fantastic, are you actually running it in high def?".
    I also think there are some seriously messed up physics, in places, the best example would be when the back end of the car goes it just kind of pivots on an invisible spike that's been driven through the exact centre of the car through the roof into the ground.
    It really could be better but I guess it's each to his own.

It's not a bad game, its just not great.

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

This isn't the finished product remember, I expect they're going to clean up the graphics for the final game, the screenshots look much nicer. I can understand how it's not everyone's cup of tea, I usually prefer an arcadey racer like PGR but I'm really enjoying this. Havn't noticed any physics problems I have to say.

One really bad bit of graphics I've spotted is the back of the Nissan car in the C class, where the numberplate should be, obviously some cleaning up of the graphics needs to be done.

9. DougEdey

I find that theres a lot of white pixels forming on edges.

Spoils it a lot

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I can see what you mean about the reflections now, payed proper attention to my bonnet when in bonnet view and the reflections were very pixelated. The demo does definitely lack polish, but hopefully they'll fix everything for the final release.

11. DougEdey

I don't like the lack of inside car view, because of the way the reflections work in bonnet view it's very difficult to feel for the centre of the car.

I will wait for a proper review but it's a bit of a shame I think.

12. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

As long as there is a front bumper view I will be happy.

13. sandys

sandys Well-Known Member

Oh dear this game has been badly hyped, how bad are the graphics and that track, no depth to its graphics :rolleyes: only way to differentiate between the track, rumble strips and grass is colour, its all flat :( expected a lot more, I'm sure GT4 did it better than this, will have to fire it up later/

Wheres the realistic physics etc. you'd have to be driving a touring car for that lack of bodyroll and nose dive.

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

The suspension has probably been altered for racing is my guess.

15. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I dont get what your all complainging about unless you are playing in Standard def. SD and HD you can see major differences. Any how your all going on about the graphics of a demo. If you have been following the development of the game you will have learned that the team have been putting more effort into getting the gameplay right first so that it is a good sim. The graphics are something that comes second to them which they have been polishing up on the last months of its development.

Also you have no idea of how far in the development of the game that they created this demo from. The demo could come from their development of last year. Just because a demo is release today say does not mean its the latest part of the game.

Remember its a demo and not a finished game.

I found the driving experience great and the AI was too easy to beat. I want to try the finished game with the wheel and the end of june I might be able to.

16. sandys

sandys Well-Known Member

Playing it in HD on my 1080p screen, it looks average, I am hoping its just a bad track chioce for the demo and that the arcade plays very different to the Career sim mode otherwise this game misses the mark for me.

Far as I was aware the demo i sbased upon final code?

17. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Just had a blast with it. It's a decent arcade game with a few sim touches to it. Quite good fun but not a patch on the gameplay styles of PGR, although the actual driving is more involving. I'll definitely be getting the game, I love racers, but it doesn't seem to be the be all and end all of xbox racing. Something to fill the gap until PGR4 IMO. I've got my PC for proper sims so arcade racers are what I want on the xbox.

18. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Something I read elsewhere was that the demo uses the forza 1 graphics engine, rather than the forza 2 engine (presumably to keep filesize down), but I am yet to find a reliable source for this info.

19. Kingston

Kingston New Member

Usually I just lurk around here but I have to stick up for the forza 2 demo.

First I have played the following racing sims:
    GT 1 2, and 4
    GTR 1 and 2
    GTL
    PGR 2 and 3 (not a sim)
    Forza 1

yeah I am kinda a race fan.

And if I had to choose between all of those games I would play the forza 2 demo.

anyone that doesn't like it should go play another sim like GTR2/GTR1/GTL (all pc titles)

you will find in that game if you don't know the track and want to use a lead foot you will also find yourself in the grass every turn.

Anyways what I'm trying to say here is that I love it. Can't wait for the full game!

20. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules New Member

Well I guess the question to ask is "What does Forza 2 offer me that Gran Turismo 4 doesn't?"

Moderately better graphics and some car damage? Oh, and online play.

Tags: