1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Forza 3 - Drifting

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wst, 10 Mar 2010.

1. wst

wst Minimodder

Does anyone else do this much? I got Forza 3 on Monday and I'm trying to find a 'regular crowd' that I can drift with and get used to. I had a good drift, bumpers virtually scraping, with someone this evening, but it was spur-of-the-moment and I'm sure both our scores went down because of it xD

So, yeah, any drifters about?

(GT: Pirate Mud)

And my car (well, almost. I've added a few bits now. Mainly a logo for my name (narcissistic :p) and a '100K@Fuji' sign on the roof ;))
    [​IMG]
    (No, I didn't make this drift, but the illusion is what counts for still pics ;))

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

My drifts end in saying Hello to Mr.Wall

3. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I just cant drift, Dont know how to get it to work. Grid drifting was wasy but this seems hard.

4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

The only car i can semi drift in is the nsx, but i just havent spent enough time practicing. I might have to get back into it and see whats what, i havent played for over a month!

5. wst

wst Minimodder

Darklord, there's a good reason my picture is on Silverstone :p Big gravel traps ;D

mike, Forza is a bit more realistic than Grid :p Get into the slide, increase radius with more throttle, lower it with lesss throttle. Less countersteer = more angle, and more countersteer = less angle. Less throttle + more countersteer is to get out of the drift, and if you're at the point where it just spins you, you're probably screwed anyway :p Getting into the drift is generally done by tricking the back wheels into losing grip, either by weight-shifting (brake really hard and turn into the corner - move brake balance forwards to help you slide by losing rear grip, instead of locking the rear wheels), flicking (turning the opposite direction to the corner to pre-load the 'outside' wheel so when you turn the other way the front moves across quickly and the tail can't keep up so goes out wide), prodding the handbrake button madly (have maximum pressure on this in Setup, you only want to tap it for an instant, just enough to make the tail slide). After you get used to sliding the car, you'll come up with your own methods, of course ;)

Ti, the NSX is mid-engined and is prone to snapping your head off with little warning :p Front-engine is much tamer and more progressive ;)

(I have an ok setup for the '04 impreza, if anyone wants to try it, I'll put it on storefront)

Elton likes this.
  6. 13eightyfour

Yeah i realise the NSX isnt the best car to drift in, but for some reason i found it more predictable than any of the front engined cars i attempted it in.

7. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I've got an RX7 thats pretty awesome.

I had real trouble drifting untill I read a few guides.

Best thing to do is get a setup from the storefront. Most of the good ones seem to be S-Class. But its definatly possible to drift any car when you get good.
    I know someone who has at least one drift car for every class.

I'm still not brilliant at drifting, but I'm a hell of a lot better than I was.

8. azzybish

azzybish What's a Dremel?

Do you guys all have wheels in order to do this? no guide i've read actually says you require one, but it seems impossible without.

9. wst

wst Minimodder

Nope, just using the wireless controller and I'm still getting the 'feel' for it. But I've been drifting on Forza 1 for donkeys years so... I've got at least 1 year pre-experience proper :)

It takes quite a lot of picking up ;)

10. Fiyero

Fiyero Vindaloovian

Damn, this could prove helpful to me! I'm really struggling with getting it to work well. I've got a couple of downloaded setups i''ve played with, but i've sucked. I also have NO idea where to start with tuning my own setup for it.

I think the 100k achievement is going to be my unicorn :(

11. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I've tried drifting in both Forza and Gran Turismo...

Let's just say that WST's littie tut is excellent.

12. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

I found going directly for a massivly powerfull car led to alot of spin outs. IMHO its bet to start off on a lower powered car and gradually up the power.

Still loving forza.

13. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

yeh ive found it hard to get drifting in forza3. i never know which settings to fiddle with.

ive no landline broadband anymore so im no use to you anyway lol

14. wst

wst Minimodder

PQuiff, that's harsh on Pandas, shooting them through the forehead like that! And your point about power is spot on - it doesn't make it easier. (And turbos try to kill you when they hit boost xD)

Fiyero, what's your gt? I could give you a setup to start with ;)

15. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

16. Fiyero

Fiyero Vindaloovian

'Tis Fiyero666, that would be amazing if you could :D. And your mini guide there is going to be really helpful! I think I might put a bit of time in tonight and see if I can get on better with it. There's only so much season play my brain can handle!

17. 13eightyfour

Some shot from my latest attempt, Ive found barcelona (Massive gravel traps) to be quite good for trying to get the hang of how the car behaves, im still struggling using a controller though, if only the G25 worked on the 360 :sigh:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. wst

wst Minimodder

Titanium Angel, suppose you couldn't put that bit-tech vinyl on your storefront? I want that on my cars ;)

19. 13eightyfour

Yeah ill get it uploaded later tonight, Gamertag is: kharmeleon

Its not perfect, i had to modify the letters from the forza font and the binary around the purple circles a little off but i havent really had time to get it sorted properly.

Ohh itll need to be on a white car/background because the 'net' letters are white.