1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Forza 4 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 13 Oct 2011.

1. Jared89

Jared89 What's a Dremel?

its not a different ball park, this game is like $100 aud, my subscription to Iracing has cost $70 so far with far more enjoyable racing, perfectly modeled cars, an authentic tire and track modelling.

I would rather race around in 2 or 3 different cars that are challenging and enjoyable, than to race 150 poorly modeled cars.

Forza looks pretty though.

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Having played a fair few hours of the release code now I can say that 100%, without a shadow of a doubt, release code is MUCH better than the demo code.
    I seem to remember Turn 10 doing the same thing with F3, release old, slightly shonky code that doesn't work right, then release the game with fully working code.

Main differences between demo and launch in terms of handling:
    Steering wheels work properly
    Crash sounds are better
    Rear view mirror is higher FPS (closer to 60, and in some cases is 60)
    Car sounds are better.
    Simulation steering is much nicer
    Assists work properly (TCS, ABS)

F4 is probably my personal game of the year. So much fun including fixing everything that was wrong with F3 near enough, such as the PI system and tyre grip.
    RWD cars are now fun to drive, including muscle cars. Cars have a superior sense of speed (unless you race 3rd person, then you deserve to be shot), and cash is much easier to come by; arguably that could be seen as a bad thing though.

Lets hope in the next version, assuming they do one, they allow us ECU mapping as right now car customization is still lacking for the kinds of things I'd like to do.

All round though, ace game and easily a 9/10 :)

3. murraynt

murraynt Modder

I'm a petrol head and he's not all that. There is alot more people that could have done it.

He's fine in small doses

4. tom_hargreaves

tom_hargreaves Comfy shoe wearer

It's better than Forza 3 in every way imaginable. You couldn't ever go back.

5. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

My sentiments exactly.

6. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

ok, is it better sim than GT5? shall I buy Xbox again? I play mostly racing games but after my Xbox died in 2008 I bought PS3. I play GT5 with steering wheel and all driving aids off (every single one of them). Have they implemented suspension or is it the same like with Forza 2 - cars on ice.

How would it compare graphics-wise with GT5? Could somebody, who like me likes racing games, who has both games let me know if it's worth the trouble (and money of course) to buy this game and xbox?

7. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

just to add - GT5 is good but i'm sorry, collisions are joke - there are no collisions, just bum-bum-bum and that's it. But I like the feedback I'm getting from my wheel and game. In GT5 you can nicely feel if you have enough traction and helps a lot in corners (especially if you have RW car and heavily tuned). Is this new Forza on par with GT5?

8. alf-

alf- Minimodder

looks decent, but no xbox so no sale unfortunately.

as for Clarkson, i like topgear and i do think hes a funny guy, but he does come out with some ******** statements at times, and the trailer although it looks awesome was spoiled (for me at least anyway) by his moronic narration.

"lovers of speed endangered species"
    give me a break, never have so many people had access too so much speed, cars are getting quicker, better at handling, cheaper and not mention safer,
    the public have access to track days all over the country, and i dare say the number of people owning their own track day car is rising as well.

i prefer Clarkson when he sticks to making jokes about cars, whenever he delves into serious subjects he inevitably comes out with ********.

9. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

clarkson>hammond by a frecking country! im very glad its not wee man.

10. CarlT2001

CarlT2001 What's a Dremel?

Clarkson is very much like marmite. I can't stand the bloke. I very nearly ejected the disc and set fire to it when I heard his voice.
    Top Gear is embarrassing. It's turned into a sketch show of unfunny and ridiculous scenarios starring a trio of idiots acting like school kids.
    FM4 however, is ok. I am finding it very much like FM3 gameplay wise at the moment though.

Tags: Add Tags