1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Foto Fun @ Fairford - RIAT 07

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by 13en, 18 Jul 2007.

1. 13en

13en Minimodder

But first off...

Hello, everyone! Total n00b here, both to photography and really to the Bit-Tech forums - I'm probably one of the nets most prolific lurkers (Can there be such a thing?), I check out loads of places but never really post anything, because I've never really had anything to post.
    But anyway, I recently decided that I needed a hobby, and decided that I'd take up a bit of photography. Got a nice (nearly) new Fuji Finepix F6500fd for £150, but until recently hadn't really had much to take pics of.

Spent last sat at the royal international air tattoo at RAF Fairford, and thought I'd share a few of my favourite pics with you. The rest are all on my Flickr Criticism and advice will be gratefully accepted, gotta now how to improve.

This one's probably my favourite of the day, a Dutch F16 landing after it's display. You can see the brake chute just deploying at the back

[​IMG]

You can't have pics from an airshow without the Red Arrows, so heres a couple of my best ones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for our American friends, a few of the USAF Thunderbirds, on a very rare UK appearance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A quick one of my favourite plane, the massive B1 bomber - this thing makes the best noise in the entire world

[​IMG]

And finally some snaps of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (I'm not too happy with the quality of these ones, they took a fair bit of tweaking in photoshop to make them presentable - especially the hurricane)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Theres a few more on the Flickr set, hopefully I'll get around to putting up some more pics of the static aircraft tomorrow. I would have liked to have taken more pictures, but a combination of poor batteries and needing to stand right on the barriers by the runway (In the bright sunlight, and I burn very, very easily) meant that that just didnt happen. Many of the pics taken from further back were completely unusable, small and blurred. I need to find a way to get more zoom by next year, unfortunately I think the only option is to shell out for a dSLR.

Hopefully over time I'll take a few more pictures that I think are good enough to share with you all. I might even have a go at the pic of the month, although this months sounds tricky.

Ben

Last edited: 18 Jul 2007
  2. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Good crops. Great colors! Can't figure out how you got that angle on the B1 bomber shot.
    The pic of all the tails is really good.

3. 13en

13en Minimodder

The B1 was taking off when I took the pic, I was back along the side of the runway, so I got it from behind.

4. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

Very nice. Good clean ones of the arrows, and nice arse shot of those yanks parked up :D

B1's are the sexiest planes ever, I'm with you! *ROOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRR* :D

Damn I wish I'd gone :(
    When's the next one (not Fairford, just the next show). I have been to Biggin Hill a few times, and that little one at Eastbourne, has the season finished now?

5. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

both the WW2 fighters look like spitfires (unless the bottom one doesn't have rounded wings?)

6. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

The bottom one is a hurricanem, the cock pit is different and the fuselage is wood/metal covered with cloth, which you can just about make out :)

Tags: