1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Foxconn goes Enthusiast Crazy

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Mar 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

awww. no pictures of the 8 screen flight sim.

3. hawky84

hawky84 SilentModder

loving the idea of using as little chemicals as possible in the manufacturing process, good to see someone is putting the green name as more than a gimic

4. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Ok this is all ridicalous!

1) If the case is so huuuuuuge i want to see the whole damn thing, not a part of it :(

2) Then you see a cool lookin mobo called dreadnought with a waterblock on it, but it is cooledr by a thin 80mm fan almost blocking the first PCI-E slot. (i guess a normal size 80mm fan would block the first pci-e slot completly)
    2a) The fan would probably be useless anyway, cause the inlet is sitting 2mm from a graphicscard backside, blocking the airflow.

3) First you see a picture with GREEN and leaves, saving power bla blabla. And below that, a huge powerconsuming overclocker with huuuge hydrogen coolblock beating the crap out of the dreadnought. And note the videocard in pci-e slot 1 next to the chipsetfan. Its at a 10 degree angel moved away from the cooler otherwise it would block the airflow (see note 2a above)

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

those acronyms are mad.....

6. naokaji

naokaji whatever

wait till you see the Asus Mainboard called Pinot Noir..... (seen it on xs, seriously, its not even funny anymore what marketing comes up with these days).

7. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

is it just me or Dreadnaught is a 790 chipset, NOT 750?

8. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

I read that as well. hmmmmmm....... :eyebrow:

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Corrected - I've got numbers coming out my ears today :( Everyone has a "7" everything product this year.

It's actually a 790i Ultra SLI which is different to the standard 790i SLI as well.

10. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

So does the ultra-ATX fit e-ATX boards? If not someone really needs a kick in the jewels.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No ultra ATX is a concept made by Foxconn. Having said that, I saw a Thermaltake case today that could fit one (10 PCI slots).

12. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

It's more than just the slots though. I've got any number of cases that can for all the PCI slots, but aren't long enough. 12x13 makes for a very deep case.

13. salesman

salesman Minimodder

I'd like to see how the MB in the bottom right picture fits into any case.

14. Bluephoenix

CMS830 family and the thermaltake armor family will take any motherboard I've encountered, even server boards.

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It doesn't, it's not meant to - it's an ultra ATX prototype that shows of Foxconn's engineering skill.

16. zoom314

zoom314 Minimodder

As Yes the Dreadnought(HMS Dreadnought was the first all big gun battleship of Her type and She made all older designs instantly obsolete), SLI and the 790i chipset, Looks interesting, Now somebody needs one named after HMS Agincourt, When It laid out a full broadside, It looked like the ship was in fact blowing up(This was from what I've read as I'm not that old) as the Agincourt had 14 12" guns in 7 Twin(barreled) Turrets and all 7 turrets were on the center line of the ship. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Agincourt_(1913)

17. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

That 8 screen setup is sweet

Need pics of the whole case

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

[​IMG]

Aren't I good to you lot? :) Bearing in mind that's the ULTRA ATX board next to it - bigger than standard ATX.

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

One hell of a fugly case. We need to be moving towards small systems, not huge ones.

20. Bluephoenix

+1 (as long as they don't become as unbuildable and unmoddable as laptops are today)

Tags: Add Tags