1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FOZZBOX>>>>>>>>> 9/10 RADIATORS ARRIVED

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Fozzy, 16 Aug 2005.

1. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Haha. The problem with the pump has been fixed and no i couldnt have used a 90 degree barb because there wasnt enough clearance. I took out the drive bay above it and i'll upload some pics of it late. It's still pretty tight though so i think i'm going to find some coolsleaves for it

2. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

:clap:
    TY i'm m,ostly just glad it's over

3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Good to hear it all fits now. Waitin' for the pics.

4. -Erik-

-Erik- Guest

drill some holes in that plate below the pump, add some molding .. and it should look really nice ... dunno if possible tho :D

5. ZafaV

ZafaV What's a Dremel?

Can't wait to see this mod finished! :eeek:
    :dremel:

6. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

So am I. And thx

7. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Just gotta get those radiators and the mounting hardware from polarflo.....

8. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

I think what you're saying is add a bottom window. I dont really want to because i want to keep everything as stock from the outside as possible. And if i just used molding and not plexi then my radiator fan would suck the dust straight up through the bottom of the case. But thanks for the input

9. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

no pics :( your bandwidth has been exceeded :O

10. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Only on the first couple updates. They'll be back at the beginning of next month due to photobuckets policy

11. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

That and you'll kill your flow rate. Just make a few cuts, or rotate the pump body 90* on the mount, so that the tubing comes out the side.

Pretty tubing you've got there. :hip:

12. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Exactly. With the length of the tubeing, the three radiators, and the three blocks i simply cant afford to have a 90 degree barb in my system. I've fixed the problem but i need to upload the pics from the camera that is at my dad's house.....ugggh. The tubeing is some of the best stuff i've seen/worked with. EVER

13. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

hehe i really need to see how you got those rads in there... I just got my case in the mail yesterday and not kidding that i took 20 minutes just to stare at it. The features are incredible. I really have to give it to antec for a high quality case. Someone mentioned the flimsy front door but its actually quite strong. I was surprised. Now i have to figure a way to mount my vandal switch :p

14. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

The plastic on the bottom of the door that latches to the case is "flimsy" I removed the doors dureing the entire modding process and set them aside so they wont be damaged. The bottom rad is easy to mount if you remove the bottom harddrive rack and the mounting for it. The top rad i havnt dealt with yet and the rad on the back will be outside of the case with the tubes leading in. You can mount one more rad in the bottom front if you use some zip ties instead of bolts or drill out the holes in the grill for the fan. You can also mount another rad underneath the psu so the 120mm fan from that will pull the air. If 5 isnt enough then you can remove the second harddrive cage and mount another rad there. The only cuts you would have to make to mount these six rads is the back grill underneath the 120mm exaust for tubeing and the floor beneath the Psu to allow airflow to the bottom rad. You also have to drill out the rivets for the bottom psu cage and if you are like me drill out the rivets for the 3.5inch bay inbetween the 2 hd racks and make 2 straight cts on the bottom. If 6 rads isnt enough, there is lots of room on top for some dremel action. :D Hope that helps

15. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

UPDATE 8/30

Fixed my Outlet problem. Here's a few pics to show what i did.

Here's the first to rivets holding the 3.5inch cage that's in my way.
    [​IMG]

First rivet gone
    [​IMG]

Second rivet gone
    [​IMG]

Another "hidden" rivet. It was covered by my aucoustic matting and the matting had to be removed and replaced to drill out the rivets.
    [​IMG]

There was alot of grunt work (basicly takeing off pax mate to slide out the cage) that i didnt take pictures of because i was tired and just wanted it fixed. So i have a pic of the the finished product instead.
    [​IMG]

As you can see the drive bay has been removed from the mid-section and now the hose has more bending room. I've ordered some coolsleves and i think that will keep the tubeing very sturdy with this tight curve. It's Blue so it'll match the tubeing as well. You can see in this next picture it is much better than before but still slightly kinking.
    [​IMG]

This case was just made for watercooling
    [​IMG]

I realized this update was sort of small compared to my others so i took this time to take some pics of my workspace and the chaos of modding.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you cvan see there is alot of stuff everywhere just from this mod. I'm anxious to be finished so i can throw everything away.

16. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Then do it damnit! :D
    Very clean work with the routing fix. Looking nice. Keep this going.

17. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Waiting for my 120mm rads and some polarflo mounting hardware. I'm going to finish it without the hardware if i have to but i do have to wait for the rads.

18. -Erik-

-Erik- Guest

Yes, this update is sweet .. it was a bit what I had in mind. Looking really nice ;)

19. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

I thought what you had in mind was a window on the bottom. This is the case flipped upside down. And thank you

20. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

UPDATE 9/1

I got a package in the mail today that spurred me into mounting all of my waterblocks so here's the begining of the water madness.

Here's the pacakge.
    [​IMG]

And here's who it's from
    [​IMG]

Remember how voyeurmodz screwed up my order? Polarflo sent me the right hardware at no extra cost : )
    [​IMG]

with the washers
    [​IMG]

My old noisy chipset fan
    [​IMG]

The new pretty waterblock
    [​IMG]

All mounted. I may have to adjust it a little to make sure it's flat though
    [​IMG]

My 6800 GT
    [​IMG]

Pretty face plate huh?
    [​IMG]

Some cooling for it
    [​IMG]

Gt without the plate
    [​IMG]

Ramsinks removed
    [​IMG]

Just the Aluminum hs
    [​IMG]

NEKED!!!
    [​IMG]

Old crappy stock hs
    [​IMG]

All clean!!!
    [​IMG]

Perty blue zalman hs's
    [​IMG]

With the polarflo
    [​IMG]

Pics of it fitted
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple ramsinks i had lyeing around so i stuck them on some bare chips
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Talked to the guy about the radiators. They're on there way now....... stupid ebay