1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News FPS: The Play premieres in San Francisco

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 8 May 2007.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

2. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Good luck to them, it's funny how certain things are used as scapegoats for tragedies like this. As everyone knows following Columbine, Heavy Metal was blamed as a key reason for the shootings, but following the discovery the Virginia Tech Shooter was a big grunge fan, no-one turned around and blamed Kurt Cobain for mass murder, it's strange. I guess it's just a lot to do with public perception. Violence breeds violence and all that, despite scientific evidence to the contrary. In fact, from a limited selection of games, the most soothing were found to be the ultra violence ones such as Doom or Mortal Kombat, whilst the one that made it's players the most bad tempered, short fused and agressive was, quite logically in hind sight, Tetris.

In other words, it's all the Game Boy's fault. :D

3. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove New Member

hmm wonder if someone is now going to shoot a lot of people and claim it was because he watched this play?

4. speedfreek

speedfreek New Member

Yes it was, it was the cause of fights over who got to play too.

5. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

I don't see how this play is going to draw an audience, unless there is something really special about it, because if the target audience is theatergoing computer gamers then they have a pretty small target to hit. Maybe I'm just underestimating writers but from the title I wouldn't want to see this play.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

GAMES CAUSES TERRORISM!!!!!!![/sarcasm]

Tags: Add Tags