1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FRAMEstor Node 23 [7/18/07]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by scopEDog, 18 Jun 2004.

1. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

"The world has achieved brilliance without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants."
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

In 1939, world renowned scientist Albert Einstein, wrote a letter to President Roosevelt, warning americans of a possible threat involving large scale bombs made from uranium. Because of this the Manhattan Project was born, and the atomic bomb put in the forefront of US government research.

In 1948 a US subcontracted secret corporation, wavEData, developed a top secret computer for the use of nuclear simulations. As a continuation of the Manhattan Project, this computer would be the most incredible for decades to come. Long hidden from public view, these machines were state of the art, using technology not seen anywhere before. These models were called FRAMEstor, and 124 prototypes were developed by wavEData.

Extensive research continued until the end of the cold war in the late 1980's. Secretly all the machines were dismantled and destroyed as nuclear research dwindled. But recently we have discovered pictures of what could be the last working FRAMEstor prototype, Node 23. We are investigating the source of these photos, but present them to you for further evaluation:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 16 May 2007
  2. Sinix

Sinix What's a Dremel?

Hot stuff...nice sketchups, can't wait for progress to begin...any UV goodness planned?

3. JungleGorilla

JungleGorilla What's a Dremel?

wow... I can tell a lot of thought and planning has gone into this. It has a very retro feel to it. :thumb:

Are those 4 pipes serving a purpose WC res's maybe?

-subscribed

4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

if you read the rules to project logs, you will see that you shouldnt post in there until a actual project has begun to take shape

once some pics go up and mods get started ill move it back to project logs

5. Spy246

Spy246 What's a Dremel?

WOW!!!! If this turns out anything like this sketchup that would be amazing. Do u have any specs on the system yet.

6. Chrizzle

Chrizzle What's a Dremel?

If those two holes at the top are designated to airflow, you probably will obstruct it with you board/HDD. Also, I don't see a PSU or ROM device. I'm not even really sure if this is a computer mod, but if it is, those would help.

~Chrizzle

7. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Loved the story line for this and the sketchups blew me away!
    Looks superb! Love the placement of the radiators at the back ( for other folk its the purple things with the pipes coming off them inbetween the 2 fans )
    Now, go out and build this machine so we can drool over it, and seeing as 124 were built do you think maybe i could order one? :D

8. Mord

Mord What's a Dremel?

Little question, what do those fans do, are they just for looks? or are they mounted on radiators?

9. maeterlinck

maeterlinck What's a Dremel?

Excellent design - very secret government computer :D

I'm sure you've thought of this but the opening flat looks like it might be very flimsy - especially when you open it. Perhaps you could use hydrolic pistons, like you see on car boots to reinforce it - they would also open it for you!

-subscribed

10. kingofrain

kingofrain What's a Dremel?

it appears as though hes got 2 electric rams there to open it, and thos blue things between the sets of fans at the top look like radiators, but wheres all the tubing?

11. asfd

asfd What's a Dremel?

I like it :thumb: we want more pics though ;)

He did these rendering in sketchup and I guess it was too painful to do the tubing with this prog...

12. C-DUB

C-DUB What's a Dremel?

Wow! What a great design! I hope you're planning on having it open by itself.

Slowly...

with steam...

and bright flashing red lights with klaxxons blaring... :D

13. DjmUK

DjmUK What's a Dremel?

Nice, but two comments:

1.) Fans on the top/back - just for appearance or do they have another function I'm not too sure about?
    2.) Why are you HDD's upside down?

Oh, and will it have some fancy WaterCooling system? :rolleyes:

Otherwise it's quite unique, and I like the unique ideas as opposed to the same things but modified slightly differently.

P.S.
    I hope that the word "FRAMEstor" isn't copywritten :thumb:.

14. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

damn i like that a *lot*

very origonal, and the little backstory makes all the difference.

i have to ask, why are the hdd's upside down? my first guess is that your going to polish them up and have them mirrored or something, but it will be interesting to see why regardless.

15. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

1) Those fans on the back are either side of a radiator for watercooling you can see the pipes coming of from them, but no tubes becasue there a pain to model in sketchup.
    2) I can only guess because it looks good and they will probably be polished up nicely.

16. darkhunter

darkhunter What's a Dremel?

what about a fingerprint id for opening the case then use co2 or thoseduster cans upside down for when it opens
    looks awsome
    :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

17. chrono

chrono What's a Dremel?

Love the storyline for the mod, and if it turns out anything like the renders it will surely be a thing to behold!

I agree with darkhunter though, a fingerprint scanner thing would be nice. It would contribute to the whole "Secret Government Project" thing. You can pick them up at Compusa I think :)

18. darkhunter

darkhunter What's a Dremel?

yeah but compusa's a rip off your better off going online or search you ads looking for rebates and sales or mabye a surplus store

19. maeterlinck

maeterlinck What's a Dremel?

Just a thought scopEDog hard drives don't like being upside down. Can't remember where, possibly HD manufacturer or laptop one, that the HD's can be almost any way but upside down. Just a thought.
    You could possibly get a similar effect if you had them pointing up and forward.

20. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

You guys are sharp :) The idea was to have a fingerprint scanner in the blue "box" on the top of the case. Yes the back half of the case will open via 2 linear actuators. And yes there is no power supply in the case. I just received all the parts for this project (including some cool milled pieces) and will be taking pictures real soon :)