Free delivery from Scan

Discussion in 'SCAN Computers - Pre Sales Support' started by Sifter3000, 28 Apr 2010.

1. Pookie

Pookie So this is permanence, love's shattered pride.

worked fine for me this week too.

2. Goatee

Goatee Member

Just signed up, thanks

3. DraigUK

DraigUK New Member

Scan aren't the cheapest but the customer service is superb and worth the little bit extra.
    What I've found with this offer is that it also often makes them the cheapest.

Just brilliant.

4. DontFadeAway

DontFadeAway New Member

I've generally used SCAN since about 2002, never had a problem and always been more than impressed with the CS I have received from them over that time,

5. uerseya

uerseya Covered in rock wool

Hi, sorry to be a pain but regarding order E2683051, I've tried using my free shipping with Bit Tech, user ID: uerseya, registered e-mail address on Bit Tech is the same as used with my Scan account, but it didn't seem to work.

Can you please advise/refund the shipping ?

Thanks in advance !

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Well-Known Member

Uerseya, this is probably a daft question but it's worth checking anyway - is the value of your order >£20 before VAT? If not, it won't qualify for free shipping. Apologies if it is and there's another problem :)

7. uerseya

Yes, yes it is, it's > £1k and having indulged in e-mail communications with some "body's" yesterday from Scan it seems that right foot doesn't know what the left foot is doing.

Hopefully someone who knows what's what will be around Monday to rectify the issue if possible ?

Otherwise I'd have no issues using Scan again.

8. bawjaws

bawjaws Well-Known Member

Fair enough :D

9. uerseya

Indeed, I trust it'll all be sorted :thumb:

10. ChrisP

ChrisP Retail Sales Manager

uerseya

Your free carriage is registered under a different address and E-mail. The order number you mention above was created under a different account, different address, different e-mail address and actually a completely different name as well - Hence why you have been charged carriage.

I have e-mailed the account details to the e-mail address registered on this account, however as it doesn't seem to be yourself I cant send them to you and neither will we be refunding the carriage charge as this account is not linked to free delivery

Regards

11. uerseya

Good Morning Chris,

Yes so I've multiple e-mail addresses, who doesn't ?

So you're saying as a user of Bit Tech for 8 odd years and a customer of Scan for much much longer I'm not allowed to alter my e-mail address to take advantage of the offer I only recently noticed was available ?

Account details were left as they are to my fiance's as she would be receiving the package.

Please kindly advise ?

Regards

Actually forget it, it's only £10 and I'll give Amazon my next order when I order a grands worth of HDD's:sigh:

12. ChrisP

ChrisP Retail Sales Manager

Update your existing account,

Regards

13. modd1uk

modd1uk Well-Known Member

This ^. It's not often I defend Scan ;) but I do agree with Chris on this, different account, email, name and address, you can't really expect Scan to give you your carriage back on this order.

Also you've been a member of the forum for 8 years but only have 143 posts? There should be a "free delivery for users who meet the criteria & have been actively using the forum" rule ;).

14. oscy

oscy Member

No, because that discriminates against people who have contributed to the community but don't spend a lot of their free time on forums talking crap about politics or Miley Cyrus. It's promising one thing then taking it away because they decided they want more now.

How would 'actively use the forum' even be defined? Who would that discriminate against? People who joined but didn't immediately start posting? People who used to be addicted to forums due to depression and thus were 'active', but turned their life around but thusly now use it sparingly if at all? People who post in tech-related forums? Does it favour people who post a load of uninteresting crap over someone who posts little but has made relatively bigger contributions to people here?

Or just define 'active'. One guy says 5 posts a day, one says 30 minutes a day, one would say either is a worrying amount of time spent on forums, another'd say that's nothing and call it 'casual', one says they don't have the time to do that because they have kids and a job and mention mom's basement, one suggests you just log in once a week, another says that's still unrealistic because the forum isn't the centre of the world.

It's not exactly the most active forum itself, either.

bartiszon likes this.
  15. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Hello, I am planning on ordering something this week, can I get a clarification on what your free delivery is? Is it free next day delivery or is it the base level one, slightly confused.

16. David

David RIP Tel

It's always been free next business day for me - minimum order value £20 ex vat iirc.

17. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Ty, I placed an order yesterday.

CANT WAIT aaaaaaaaaaa

18. mattbailey

mattbailey New Member

Question may have already been asked.....

I'm ordering a case, PSU and Win10 and get free delivery, but if I had a mobo/cpu/mem bundle I dont. Why? and what difference does it make?