1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

free energy was my idea

Discussion in 'General' started by liquid_gen, 9 Sep 2006.

1. liquid_gen

liquid_gen What's a Dremel?

i dont if any of you saw the story on sky news about some irish scientists who created a machine which outputs more energy than you put in. it uses a small amount of energy to turn a wheel or something with magnets so that the magnets produce more energy than is used to turn the wheel. whether you believe me or not i just wanna say that im 15 and about a year ago i thought of this. and im not talking about the idea of a machine that outputs more energy than you put in. i mean the way they actually do it. i wasnt sure but i was curious about whether it would be possible in a way similar to wot these people have done. anyway this has me realy p***ed as i now hav to work hard and get a degree to get rich
    dont have anything to gain by lieing so dont realy care if you believe me or not.

NexxoTranslate V1.2: Online.
    Parser Enabled. Processing... Done.
    Output as follows:

Did any of you see the story on Sky News recently, about some Irish scientists who created a machine which produces more energy than is put in. It uses a small amount of energy to spin a wheel that has magnets built in which subsequently produce more energy than is required to spin the wheel.

Believe me or not, but I am 15 and last year I thought up something like this. I am not just talking about a perpetuum mobile, but the way they actually go about it. I was not sure but I was wondering whether it would be possible to do it in the exact same way these scientists now have done.

In any case, this has really annoyed me because now I have to study hard and get a degree to become rich. I don't have anything to gain by lying, so I don't care if you actually believe me.

End of Output.

Last edited by a moderator: 10 Sep 2006
  2. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Mate, I've thought of that too and I'm sure thousands of other people have- a fan/turbine that creates more power through it's own generator than it needs to run. Quite suprised that someone's actually managed to make it work as I thought it impossible, but don't feel so peed off that you had that idea as well.

<A88>

3. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Welcome to science boyo, the inventor or discoverer never gets credit, it's always some other blighter a few years later :p

4. liquid_gen

no mine actual worked da one i thought of used magnets 2
    but yh ive cum to accept da harsh reality of life. da only reason im not hoping it doesnt work is cos im not selfish enough to hope that, something that could save the planet and supply free or cheap energy, fails

5. specofdust

specofdust Banned

6. RTT

RTT #parp

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spell-check, please.

7. liquid_gen

i know youd be surprised at the amount of crossing out in some of school books. Too much msn messenger lol

8. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

How do you think fans work? Magnets! Trust me, it's not the idea that deserves the credit here, it's the technical ability and actual effort that matters. If you thought of if 15years ago and had worked it out to the stage that you were confident it could work, then you should have made it. If you're actually certain that you thought it all out before, you should have made it. You can't complain that someone else had the same idea as you (and, as I said many others) and followed it through.

<A88>

9. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Do you have a link? This sounds quite suspicious to me...

10. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

So someone's actually made a perpetual motion machine? :eyebrow:

Got a link?

Edit: Hitman beat me to it :(

Alyson Hannigains I say :D

11. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

Well since perpetual motion doesn't exist and a device that uses less energy than it creates would break a couple laws of physics...my idea was magnets set up in an array that whe aligned would push apart but would provide little force to be pushed back together the other way. It prolly wouldn't work.

12. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

13. liquid_gen

i dont want to get in argument but i didnt think of it 15 years ago. i am 15 and thought of it a year ago. if i was older and maybe had access to stuff then yeah i probably would have. but i dont want to start anything

14. Mary Jo

Mary Jo oh lolz

Id like to see a link to this, too.

A quote from wikipedia:

15. liquid_gen

the reason i think it works is cos it doesnt actually break any laws becaues there actually is more energy going in its just that you dont supply it all. if you think about it a magnet has energy which it uses to attract certain objects but we dont supply it with this energy and to tell you the truth i dont know where this energy comes from. so my idea was that if you could use a small amount of energy to move the magnets, which have more energy, they could react in a way which produces useful energy (electicity) instead of the not so useful attracting objects.

NexxoTranslate V1.2: Online.
    Parser Enabled. Processing... Done.
    Output as follows:

The reason why I think it will work is because it does not actually break any laws of thermodynamics; there is more energy going into the process, but only that which it produces itself. Consider: a magnet has energy that attracts objects, but we don't supply it with energy. Admittedly, I don't know where a magnet gets its energy from. So my idea was that you could use a small amount of energy to move the magnets, which themselves have more energy that could be converted to a form of more useable energy (electricity) instead of less useful magnetic attraction.

End of Output.

Last edited by a moderator: 10 Sep 2006
  16. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

This should keep you occupied ;)

17. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Sorry my error! Did realise 1/2 way through writing the post that I'd misread yours but didn't realise that I'd already written that.
    The point I'm trying to make here is that you shouldn't feel gutted because someone (pretended to) created something that you'd already had a concept for in your head. There are plenty more opportunities in life and the experience of people following through ideas you've already have happens more than once. If that happens to you when you're 15 then it'll happen again, and all you need is the enthusiasm to follow an idea through when it pops into your head next time. Don't worry about age or money either, there are plenty of ways to put these ideas into action :thumb:.

<A88>

18. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I'm afraid at fifteen, you know nothing of any really important laws of science here (I'm speaking about the second law of thermodynamics), and that a magnet has no 'infinite' energy which you can use just as gravity doesn't.

Sure, you can use a magnet to do some work just as you can with gravity, but it wont last forever.

Unfortunately, this idea, like all other free energy idea, is a complete load of rubbish.

19. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

Er, there's a big difference between having an idea and making it work. It's as if you're saying "i built the house and they copied me without giving any credit" when all you had actually done was believed that a house could be built.
    By the way, a degree on its own will not make you rich. If you want to be rich then common sense and spell check are your friends.

20. RTT

RTT #parp

1 year makes all the difference eh? ;)