1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

free energy was my idea

Discussion in 'General' started by liquid_gen, 9 Sep 2006.

1. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

And you do at 16? :eyebrow:

2. liquid_gen

liquid_gen What's a Dremel?

let me clarify that im not saying that my idea would work nor this one which these irish people have come up with im just saying that there is a possibility. if dismissed every idea at first glance we wouldn't get anywhere. Everyone thought the world was flat in te past.
    and i know my spelling sucks and i attibute it to instant messaging, text messaging and laziness

3. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Good thing I memerized the dictonary.

4. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Yes, I know that free energy doesn't exist (unless you can expand upon the vacuum energy surrounding us on an industrial scale).

You're absolutely right, but if we did that with everyone there would be religious fanatics and crackpot inventors banging at the doors of a lecture hall.
    It's safe to say that as of yet, none of these claims has managed to break or prove wrong any laws of physics.

5. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

Pro tip: I didn't say that second bit. :thumb:

6. TekMonkey

Nath's point was that you shouldn't be saying someone is ignorant because of his age. Clearly, if you understand this concept at 16, it's quite concievable that liquid_gen might understand it at 15.

7. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

No offence, but I don't get why you can't just type in normal english on instant messenger programs, as well as texting.

As to the idea, I've had a couple of ideas that I thought would work when I was younger, but as soon as I started doing physics, I realised they wouldn't work at all.

8. TekMonkey

Yup, physics has killed all my dreams as well. :thumb:

9. Wrigley1

Wrigley1 What's a Dremel?

There's a movie on google video about this sort of thing, and it is really interesting. There are examples of zero point energy apparently already beginning to work in this movie! Well, anyway, here it is.

10. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

I'm afraid on this forum we obey the second law of thermodynamics. It's in the T&Cs somewhere I believe.
    I'm sure you did. People were trying to invent perpetual motion machines thousands of years ago. I remember my Dad crushing one of my theories when I was aged about 8.

Having said that, physics is cool and it's cool that you young 'uns are interested in it. But pleeeeease sort the spelling out.

11. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

The clue is in the word "irish" :D

Perpetual motion is not provable to be possible, because whenever you witness it theres some force acting on the machine to transmit the data to you and so energy is taken out of the machine.

Its a clearly ridiculous claim as the method is so simple, everybody and their dog over the past <insert amount of time magnetism has been known about> years has come up with this idea and said "infiite energy" - whereas it clearly just cant be true due to many laws which have been proven and reproven over the years :)

Since its 7am and for whatever reason im not in bed I wont give a good scientific reason for it now, but ill definatele work on it tommorrow :p TBH im surprised a company would come up with such a bold claim without a working prototype and lots and LOTS of evidence to show that in fact it DOES work.

Last edited: 10 Sep 2006
  12. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

My sentiments exactly tbh I have thought of this idea! Iv'e even seen science projects on it (which have failed btw) so everyone has thought of this idea and it isn't just yours cause you anounced it on the forums.

13. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

I think due to the fact that energy is not destroyed, that perpetual motion is theoretically possible. I have no idea how perpetual motion would be achieved, 'cause there is that whole thing about fritcion and heat energy. Basically, I think perpetual motion could be achieve, but generating energy? Impossible.

L J

14. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

Read 'The Scientist, The Madman, The Thief and their Lightbulb'. It transpires this idea is nothing new and a cult supposedly has had working perpetual motion machines for some time. Its a good read and will make you think about the energy trade a little more cynically.

15. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

for some time doesn't inspire ideas of perpetual motion. Which by devinition is motion not caused by adding energy to a machine of somethign along those lines. My consideration this whole universe galaxy world has been around for who really knows how long and has been sel fsustained where is energy added and where is it taken away.

Read up on conservation of energy. If you had any respect for einstein you would do it.

Although I wouldn't totally dismiss the idea of perpetual motion or energy being increased with no other usage of matter of energy. As we are always finding flaws in what we know and what we learn. Only thigns that are for sure are things that we have created orselves. Such as math languages and thigns of that sort which have no origins with nature and are completely man made.

Rant over

16. Sea Shadow

Sea Shadow aka "Panda"

How to achieve perpetual motion and antigravity

[​IMG]

17. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

By jove, I do believe he's got it! :rock:

And no, magnets can't work.

18. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Unfortunately you seem to have missed out the M section. Memorized.

19. koola

koola Minimodder

A great movie!

It's scary what is going on behind closed doors :worried:

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

The laws of thermodynamics preclude the existence of perpetuum mobiles. I mean, did some people sleep through physics class? :eyebrow:

Second, do not confuse energy with force.