1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Free Nvidia Goodies for all!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WhiskeyAlpha, 12 Aug 2008.

1. WhiskeyAlpha

WhiskeyAlpha What's a Dremel?

Get your free stuff from the official site here!

List of stuff included:

177.83 driver (seems very smooth)
    Unreal Tournament 3 PhysX mod
    badaboom Media Converter (uses CUDA)
    Warmonger – Full Game
    Folding@home - Join The Fight Against Cancer
    Sneak Peak: Nurien Demo
    Sneak Peak: Metal Knight Zero Demo
    The Great Kulu: Technology Demo
    Fluids: Technology Demo

I'm downloading some of the stuff now. I'm interested in seeing how quick the media encoder is and looking at some of the new tech demos.

I know it's nothing revolutionary but ya can't beat free stuff huh? :thumb:

EDIT:
    Okay, just installed the liquid tech demo and it's superb, make sure you press F1 and have a play with all the different options. Best of all what it grind to a halt in software mode ;)

Last edited: 12 Aug 2008
  2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We'll do some folding tests soon but we don't review tech demos or games no one plays tbh.

We played with badaboom a while back and it was incredibly limited then, we're waiting for the full release soon which looks far more promising.

Again - when a game hits where PhysX adds to the experience, we'll jump all over it.

3. WhiskeyAlpha

WhiskeyAlpha What's a Dremel?

Oh I know that and I don't think anybody would expect you to Rich. That's kinda why I posted in the forums, so that anybody who was interested could take a look.

That's good to know. I just wanted to get a sense of the encoding speed we can expect from a massively parallel processor - most of us have only ever been able to see how well they can chuck around 3D objects remember ;)

Which is really the point isn't it? I mean these are merely tech demos etc and whilst I'll admit that what I've seen so far is quite impressive, I'd imagine Havok would be capable of the same/more when GPU accelerated. What we really need are good quality games and (enter wishful thinking) a standardised physics platform for them to incorporate. I don't think anyone doubts that GPU accelerated physics could mean great things but like you say Rich, we'll have to wait it out for now. Still can't understand why Microsoft didn't nip this in the bud early on and incorporate a physics API in Direct X?

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

MS = mass market

Anyway, glad you understand and it's good to see people taking an interest in free upgrades :D:D

5. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Isn't some unspecified (read: physics) stuff going to be in DX11?

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i wonder when will ATI's GPGPU and physics stuff appear.

since to me, GT200b is becoming a better buy than 4870x2 (if they are at same price, even if ATI wins in gaming performance)