1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Free Shropshire LAN? Any 1 be interested? 5-10 People?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PHILIP1193, 4 May 2008.

1. PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193 a Self Confessed HP Server Lover!!

Hi Guys

I know people from all over read this, but i also know a fare few people from in and around shropshire read it too. there seams to be next to no lans locally and im happy to set one up if people were interested as i have all the kit needed and experience.

Im thinking of setting up a local lan. for 5-10 people. No charge or anything, just a few people having a laugh, i have 4 high spec servers for the games, intranet, dns, dhcp and file sharing etc. i have several gigabit switchs but the main one been a 24 port managed gigabit switches etc along with cables + more so i have all the gear needed to set it up.

So if any one would be interested in attending a small lan, organised by me for free, please say here so i can gauge interest. :rock:

Probably be a 24 hours think i.e. sat to sunday in a local village hall, shrewsbury way

Phil

Last edited: 5 May 2008
  2. eeevan

eeevan Dremel Master

Darn man, I really wish I lived in Shropshire - sadly I have to sit this one out.

What a really fantastic idea though, I wish people in Ottawa were as cool as you.

3. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Christ, i've heard of one lan center in Toronto that a friend told me about, but he also said its a huge place and there are way too many people. For me, a good lan is a small lan with your friends. Find a empty basement at a mates place, set up some tables, everyone brings their pc's and whatever else they would like, and it's just a fun weekend of pc gaming, console gaming, tv, joking around, and all the practical jokes.

4. PHILIP1193

thanks guys i just hope i can drum up some local interest

Phil

5. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

If you go to a local College or University, why not put up ads or notices around or something, granted you may end up with 100 people all wanting to play, but fun non the less.
    I would consider going and having a few games dude, but im down in Sussex, which is a bit far for me to travel with my PC and 30" tft. Could be interesting on the train though:D

Sam

6. PHILIP1193

Yea local colleges would be an idea, buts it not meant to be anythign big. Just some thing small and for a laugh, as when they get over 10-15 people there is things liek health and safety etc to think about, which i CBa to do other thank taping down cables and keeping epopels fingers outta fans and wall sockets lol.

You could get a train straight into shrewsbury and just bring your tower and ill lend you a monitor. Got a spare 24" in round here some where :p

Phil

7. Squadexodus

Squadexodus I got my cookie. What about you?

I designed my case to do the opposite thing. It openly invites people to stick their fingers in the fan sockets. If i lived anywhere in europe, i might go for it and bring some bawls.

Tags: