1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Freeserve - Getting Disconnected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sowler, 14 Aug 2002.

1. Sowler

Sowler What's a Dremel?

Ok I am on Freeserve homtime and I not sure if other people know but you get disconnected every 2 hours which is a real pain because you can't really leave stuff downloading because it has to reconnect and then you have to tell it to start downloading again.

Now is there either a program out there that can do the above or is there a program that can stop freeserve from disconnecting me.

I have tried many of there stop getting disconnected programs but none seem to work. So some help here would be nice. Thanks

Sowler

2. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

I think that is part of the contract with the provider. The disconnect command is given by the hardware at the ISP end so no amount of tinkering will stop it from happening. try to use ftps that allow resume, also kazaa and most file sharing apps allow for disconnections. Failing that, change ISP.

3. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

There's only 1 that allows for un-interupted access, AOL, and of course there is ADSL but if thats not in his area r he can't afford it, not much point in changing as nearlly all ISP's have this 2 hour time out now.

4. ChriX

ChriX ^

you're obviously not looking hard enough ;)

5. Sowler

Sowler What's a Dremel?

Well if you know how 'to look harder' maybe you could inform me, personaly ;)

6. ChriX

ChriX ^

just go through the listings on www.ispreview.co.uk clara.net do not cut you off however they have some "guidelines" about monthly usage of it, but I assume they are just "guidelines" and not to be followed ;)

Ill be using clara when I get my ISDN installed and it will be connected 24/7 :D

Tags: