1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freezing PC :sigh:

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rewris, 14 Jul 2005.

1. rewris

rewris New Member

Hey guys and gals. got a lil problem, hope I'm in the right place.

I’m having a problem with my newly built PC and was wondering if anyone else had the same problem or could offer some help.

MOBO: Chaintech ZNF3-250 Skt754 NF3 800FSB Audio SATA RAID
    RAM : 1 x Kingston 512MB pc3200 400Mhz
    HDD: Western Digital 80 gig PATA
    DVD/CD: Pioneer DVD/CD-RW
    GFX Card Radeon 7000
    PSU 480 Watts
    USB Mouse
    PS2 Keyboard port. Keyboard is HP5129. I updated the drivers for it also.

Starting up the pc, it boots up fine, but in about 5 to 8 mins or so it freezes, when I’m installing windows it will go fine and then it freezes. I noticed that it froze before the final reboot, which leads to windows starting up for the first time it freezes. I reformatted and tried again a couple times and I got this.

I finally rebooted and windows continued installing and everything starts up fine. But then when I get to that time limit of about 8 mins, I loosed keyboard control. Then a short while after that I loose mouse control. Then a couple mins after that the system will crash and I get the windows blue screen.

I will restart and I get the same problem. I reformatted about 4 times already. Updated all the drivers, changed Power supply unit. Changed RAM, checked CPU fan, CPU Temp. The CPU temp is consistent at 59 degrees Celsius. I also have the bios set to shut down if the CPU temp reaches 65 degrees.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks. :sigh:

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Maybe it's something on the motherboard which overheats? (which is what it sounds like, the time span is too similar to how long this PC warms up etc). How are the south/northbridge temps?