1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other \\\freezing PC?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by jonoin101, 21 Aug 2011.

1. jonoin101

jonoin101 What's a Dremel?

I seem to have developed a problem with my pc in it keeps randomly freezing, there is no fixed pattern, it could have been on for hours or 5 minutes but it keeps locking up but I am still able to move the mouse around the screen but i'm not able to do anything else. it's an 18 month old machine running windows 7 64bit, consisting of an i7 930 gigabyte GA-X58A-ud3r motherboard 6gig of patriot viper 1600 ram, a crucial c300 128 gig ssd and a 2tb WD green hd. I just use the ssd for the os and a couple of games and i've just wiped the ssd and reinstalled everything and am still getting the same issues:wallbash: I hope someone can point me in the right direction

2. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

any overclocks?

3. jonoin101

nope just left everything as is

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

In the BIOS, under memory settings, you have an option called eXtreme memory profile (X.M.P), make sure it's set to Profile 1 (not default).

Also, check your temperature (CPU, motherboard and GPU). now I don't think that is the problem, as usually the whole computer freezes, but it's worth a look.

Also, as the interface for Win7 is drawn by the GPU (not the mouse), make sure that you get the latest GPU drivers. Be sure to uninstall the old one first, restart your system and check the box under "custom" in the setup of the new drivers from Nvidia site, called something a long the line of "Clean install".

I know the issue you faced, I already seen it. But don't know where.. maybe my old computer?! Hmm.. if it was.. how did I fix it?! Maybe a reboot and it never happened again, or I re-installed my GPU drivers... seriously I forgot.

5. jonoin101

cru temps seem fine all cores are in the 50's and i have a sapphire 6950 running the latest drivers. The xmp profile is set to 1

6. jonoin101

Just a quick update, I decided to swap out the ocz 700w psu for a 750w corsair and replaced the 6 gig of ram with identical ram and now the problem seems to have rectified itself:clap: I'm assuming it was a ram problem but with no way to check if it was i decided to replace it and i thought if the psu was an isse i might as well replace that at the same time.

An expensive way of doing it I know but at least the problem is sorted now

7. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Great news!
    Thanks for the update!