1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Friendly Fire on/off?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Sutura, 17 Feb 2012.

?

Friendly fire on/off?

1. ON

22 vote(s)
    51.2%
  2. OFF

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. Meh...

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  4. Chicken-wings

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  5. Dremel

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. Sutura

Sutura What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

I was watching my room mate play CS:Source yesterday and it dawned me to ask him whether he likes playing with FF on or off. So I was curious to see how other people feel about it :) I personally can't decide. When it's on it's closer to reality :D, and when it's off you can walk around and waste bullets. :p

2. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Even though I don't play CSS, having FF on is so much fun...hehe...>: D

3. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

FF-On. Target acquisition is part of the gameplay, rather than spamming fire on anything that moves. It doesn't take that long to learn the different character models on different games.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I voted chicken wings because I am hungry.

5. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Depends on the game, I don't play CS. FF on TF2 is very hard unless your a spy in which case your a bit OP, FF off in L4D is rubbish.

6. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I personally would prefer it on but the CS:S server I normally play on has it off.

7. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

Depends on the game, but mostly yes.

As above TF2 is probably not a good one to have on anyway! and most co-op games i would say. But i suppose everyone will feel dif.

Games that strive on realisim, liek ARMA it should be on.

8. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

Very few games off, however as a rule it should be on.

9. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

In any game where it is a possibility, it should be on.

10. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I'd say off, for my own protection, but it is an added bit of tension and it does make you improve so on would be preferable. I voted meh 'cos I don't care either way.

11. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Sometimes you get one or two of those retards who think it's funny to kill as many of their teamates as possible...

...which it is! (Well, half the time.)

I never had any problems with FF, if you are then you're playing on the wrong servers or need to take a chill pill.

12. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I think it depends on the game. L4D and such; Yes. The latest in the CoD series? Oh hell no. I get tired of getting pegged by snipers because they can't be asked to ID their targets first.

13. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

My 2 most impressive kills on Red Orchestra were accidental TKs whilst playing as a sniper. :duh:

14. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

i love the idea of FF being on but in pratice is causes more problems than it's worth.

intentional and repeat tk-ers.
    and
    getting kicked for one or 2 accidental tk's

are the first things to spring to mind. these issues are often amplified on servers that don't have admins or where the admins abuse their 'power'.

I have been in a few closed clan matches where FF on positivley enhanced the experiance but mostly on general public servers it's a bad idea.

i can see from the poll i am in the minority however :)

15. Sutura

Sutura What's a Dremel?

It seems so. Surprisingly we have a few off topic votes :D. The chicken-wings are pulling quite far ahead :D

16. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I don't really play CS but in all over games I prefer to have FF on where possible.
    While it is a pain to get your own team killing you, I'd say it makes for a better experience with people having to use better tactics and not just splash explosions in every possible direction without fear of what might happen.

I'd agree with DeckerdBR that a lot of public servers shouldn't use it because most don't seem to enforce it properly and either kick you for two or three accidental kills or let a griefer constantly kill off their own team.
    Really you should only have FF enabled if you always have at least one admin online to make the correct judgement calls on who is abusing it to be an ass and who is genuinely just having a bad day with their aim.

17. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Having been playing some HC BF3 recently mostly Cty Maps, with friendly fire on you watch your surroundings so as to not fire directly at team mates. I use the PKP to great effect spamming choke points but when team mates start pushing forward and or are in the local area I make sure I watch where I am firing.

Friendly fire is also fun when you feel like team killing your squad mates. We have done that before. Though was mainly aimed at Desi Draca's cousin xD

18. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

Chicken wings.

Seriously, off, unless you're playing a milsim or something I guess.

The amount of times I've been startled and riddled a teammate with holes would have me banned from half the servers on the Internet.

19. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

It doesn't really matter. You will quickly adjust to either setting. And hey! If both teams armour is nearly the same colour then just shoot everyone to be sure! ;)

20. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

It does depend on the game. For example, Killing floor with the default amount of Friendly-fire (1 by default) is utterly suicidal, one shotgun blast will Kill you (even with armour). It can be altered, but it does need to be set very low to stop an accidental shot wiping out your entire team.

As a rule of thumb games that tend towards a more realistic shooter, I prefer it on. Arcade shooters I prefer it off.