1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows From FireFox to Chrome - Why is it so slow?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ljs, 2 Nov 2015.

1. Ljs

Ljs Modder

After having niggling problems with FireFox for some time, I decided to give Chrome another chance having not tried it since not long after its release.

It's so slow is comparison and sometimes pictures even fail to load too.

I've had a Google about and tried a few suggestions but I wondered if any of you kind gents/ladies would be able to shed some light on it?

Last edited: 2 Nov 2015
  2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I'm feeling your pain.

I ditched Chrome to go back to FF and now I'm looking for an alternative. I get odd glitches in Chrome and Firefox is just soooo buggy and slow - the memory leaks eventually crash a browsing session too.

3. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Time to give Edge a chance?

*cringes*

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Eeesh! No thanks

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Have you tried using vanilla Firefox with no add-ons? You can do this without actually removing your add-ons, you can also refresh the install which more or less nukes it, keeping (I think) you history and bookmarks intact. What niggles are you experiencing? Have you tried Chromium? It's basically Chrome before Google gets their hands on it.

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I'm really torn at the moment - Firefox is horrifically unstable for me, often bombing out for no reason and then failing to reopen unless I restart my machine. On the other hand, Chrome is slow and often fails to load pages at all. If I see that "Aw...Snap" message one more time I'm likely to put my foot through the screen :D

Also, why does text in Chrome look weird? :D

7. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Try Opera. Chrome for me went downhill, and tbh imho, IE has been better for a while (dont know about edge) and what I use on my tablet. On my desktop however I use Opera.

8. techmonster

techmonster What's a Dremel?

Although Edge is much faster than chrome, However it has less features comparing to Chrome.
    For example signing in chrome, connects to your mails , YouTube account and drive also. So it is pretty compact, But unfortunately slow !!!!

9. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Maybe Palemoon? A Firefox fork without Australis (when Mozilla went a bit nuts and decided copying Chrome was a good idea).

10. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Why do i get the feeling that the problem is not in Firefox or Chrome, but somewhere else...