1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows FROSTPUNK

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Blogins, 8 Apr 2018.

1. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

2. Goatee

Goatee Active Member

Really excited for this. I hope its as good as it looks.

3. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Been watching a twitch stream of the game in play, just itching to get at the game now!

4. Goatee

Goatee Active Member

Me too. Also got battletech coming out on Tuesday. Not sure what to play first.

5. Goatee

Goatee Active Member

Its amazing how un-hardy us Brits would appear to be. I seem to have more people in care homes than working.

Bit of social commentary right there.

6. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Just completed my first city. Really brilliant end game scenario, I did not see that coming. I shan't spoil it for others very worthwhile discovering it for yourself! :thumb:

7. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Active Member

Really enjoying this game, heading towards the endgame on the first scenario.

Beautiful to behold in a bleak kind of way supported by a haunting soundtrack.

If Anno 2205 is about optomistic hope for the future, Front punk is about a desperate and bleak want to survive.

8. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Completed the first 2 scenarios so far and really enjoying the game. Ended up on the brink of disaster on more than 1 occasion, only just managed to scrape by.

When I first started I thought the actual play area was far too small, but because of the building placement it never actually feels as small as it looks.

9. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Active Member

I finished my first play through, agree very much in the end game. I scraped through it, barely!
    I did an 'order' path, which very rapidly turned into a brutal distatorship...

I tired the other 2 scenarios, boy are they tough, a nice challenge and change of pace to the main campaign for sure.

I am now doing another play of the main story, this time going for religion instead of order, see how it plays out and if I can do better!

10. sandys

sandys Well-Known Member

Picked this up and was playing it into the early hours of this morning, it would appear I am not very good and had a cold lonely walk in the snow after being ousted :D nice game though, need a bit more planning on my part. Nice to get a discount on it because I bought one of their prior games on Steam, not seen that before.

11. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Really enjoying this game so far.

I finished the first 2 scenarios on normal and never felt forced to make any genuinely unethical choices in my first playthroughs though (other than maybe the "Extended hours" ability, which I always exploit massively and is OP IMO) so I think I'll try hard next... which is unusual because I usually suck at RTS/management style games.

In fact, the first scenario went so well that my main concern in the final third of the game was just building enough storehouses so I wouldn't waste any resources. Towards the end I had researched the entire tech tree (24h workshop automatons Cheesecake), had a full hope meter and something ridiculous like 50k coal in reserve and felt pretty prepared for whatever was about to come. After all that smooth sailing I was very impressed the ending still managed to be incredibly tense and I just barely made it without any dead.

I really liked the sense of escalation in the second scenario. At the beginning you can barely scrape by because you have so few people to work with, but as you acquire more and more automatons your economy ramps up so instead of micromanaging you can focus on larger strategy. I must've researched half of my technologies in what felt like the final few minutes and in the end
    saving New Manchester
    wasn't half as difficult as I expected when I hesitantly took on the task.

The third scenario is proving to be a lot more difficult. It feels almost like a puzzle game at the start, you really have to nail the build order. Now after a few retries I've finally got my economy going pretty well, though I messed up the placement of some buildings. The crater looks rather cramped so that might end up being a major PITA later on.

Last edited: 29 May 2018