1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSB resets to 100 all the time! help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by friskies, 24 Jan 2005.

1. friskies

friskies What's a Dremel?

Both me and alot of other people seems to be getting some strange problems with our nf7-s v2.0 boards lately. Everytime we reboot, the FSB is reset to 100(200), but only on cold boots. If i enter the bios, the FSB still says 210(420), and saving and exiting sets the fsb to its correct number. That means that this is the "safe mode" setting, which is set if the computer is unable to boot because of unstable overclocking-settings. Turning the computer off and then switching the powersupply off and on makes it boot with normal settings, so it seems like there is a error-flag set in memory or something. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

2. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

Most of the time there are FSB jumpers on the mobo itself...have you checked them?

3. friskies

Yes, it`s not caused by jumpers. I`ve seen other strange behavior too; sometimes when i shut it down, it automatically turns itself on again. And when windows loads, i have to log on, instead of going straight to the desktop. And when windows recovers from standbymode i get the log on screen again. Never happened before. Maybe there`s a problem with the "power good" signal from my PSU or something? :waah:

4. alpha112

alpha112 Modder

Or maybe its the battery/connection to the battery causing the BIOS to reset. Would make sense if it only happens on cold boots.

5. Solutions

Solutions What's a Dremel?

Replace the CMOS battery and give it another go. $5 max.

6. friskies

No, it boots up in safemode, but the correct FSB is still set in the bios. All i have to do is enter the bios and save. Then it boots up with normal FSB. I give up. I`m about to throw this computer out the window

7. RobbieGSM

RobbieGSM Banned

To me, it sounds like a Windows OS issue.

8. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

i think the powering back up think is a bios problem, check the power-up on power failure thing in bios, and go ahead reste your bios

Good to have you back robbie

9. RobbieGSM

RobbieGSM Banned

Thanks man.
    Good to be back. :D

10. friskies

It reboots only sometimes, and that isn`t set in the bios. After the sound disappeared i reinstalled windows, and atleast the sound came back. And i`ve also flashed the bios several times :miffed: probably the bios or nb/sb are fubared