1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSP launches add-on PSU

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by WilHarris, 12 Jul 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

FSP Group today announced the availability of its much anticipated FSP Booster X3, the world’s first aftermarket power supply that’s design engineered to meet, and exceed, the critical power requirements of the highest performing multi-GPU 3D graphics accelerators of today and the foreseeable future.

FSP Booster X3 features FSP Groups’ exclusive Auto-Power Recovery System (APRS), which working in conjunction with a systems existing PSU, enables the FSP Booster X3 to fully support installations of multiple, high and extreme performance 3D graphics accelerators such as ATI Technologies’ CrossFire, NVIDIA SLI and future S3 MultiChrome.

The X3 will be out on the 18th of July and will cost £55 ex VAT. Look out for the review on bit-tech soon!

2. Glider

Glider /dev/null

So if I get it right this is sort of piggy-back PSU that you can add onto a allready existing one?

3. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

AFAIK, it fits into a drive bay and has just two dedicated PCI-E power connectors for the graphics cards.

4. exavier412

exavier412 What's a Dremel?

why dont people just buy high output PSUs? it seems that if you would need something like that, you would have a proper power supply, no?

unless it doesnt something else i dont know about?

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I would say it's not just for boosting a PSU in the sense that you've cheapened out by not buying a high-power one, BUT it'll give cleaner power to your graphics cards too I'd imagine, with voltages that are less prone to fluctuation too.

6. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

Even high end psu's have problems with quad SLI so this sounds like a good product for those with a good psu and a quad SLI rig who are having power problems.

7. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Not meaning to be too negative, but this sounds useless for 99% of the population. Then again, knowing how much misinformation is out there regarding PSU's it'll probably sell well.

8. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

I spotted this very unit on Micro Direct just the other day...

[​IMG]