1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News FTC 'close' to Intel filing

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 26 Oct 2009.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

To be quite honest, I've always found that Intel chips have always had the edge when it comes to sheer number crunching ability. Some of their business practices may have been less than reputable, for which they should rightly be punished, but that doesn't detract from the fact that they have a better product. Even in the days of the K6, or the original slot-based Athlon, Intel chips were always that little bit faster, at least in my opinion (and the opinion of many benchmarks and reviews I read at the time)

Perhaps AMDs poor performance comes from the fact that they're the perennial underdog. The way Intel did business certainly won't have helped them, but as the old maxim goes: a polished turd is still a turd.

2. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

It seems people bashing AMD for performance have forgotten the S939 days.

That said, it's largely their (AMD's) own fault for their current state. Intel's anticompetitive business practices may have had something to do with it, but it can't have been much. The ATI acquisition simply cost too much.

3. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

We the consumers should get both EU and FTC claimed money. We are the ones who bought the products. Not the government. So indirectly our money goes from Intel > EU gov. & US gov. Its just another pocket filler for US and EU govs and we do not benefit from it at all in both cases.

4. hrtz_Junkie

hrtz_Junkie Controversial by Nature

Sometime's I really do wonder....

God one thing that never fails to amaze me is people's insistance on moaning and complaining!

First off all Intel creates a killer architecture (core 2), then they realeese I7 even more power with the added benifit of SLI and Crossfire...

What do we do?

we moan and complain about price's.

So intel revises it's line up releasing core i5 a cheaper more affordable cpu...

And what do we do?

we moan about how there not as good as i7's.....

What????? and now were moaning again about how intel conduct's it's buisness??? when we all know the tech market is a cloak and dagger game, you show me a tech company that hasn't tried to play the market in some way???

It seems to me that no matter how hard intel/microsoft try there allways going to end up the bad guy's.

Still you at least have one fan who appreciates all the hard work you've put into pc gameing and hardware!!!;)

5. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

i think its only fair intel get half their monies taken away. ;)

Tags: Add Tags