1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equipment Fuji J250W or Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ10 or ?

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by tictactoe, 2 Aug 2009.

1. tictactoe

tictactoe What's a Dremel?

Hi folks,
    Appreciate that this is pretty low end kit, but I need a relatively decent P+S compact for less than £150, is it possible? My old Fuji Finepix 2600z eats batteries in minutes (so can't really be used reliably!), but I always liked the pics it took. I had a camera phone that was doing ok (tho' the shutter lag was terrible(Sony Erricson K850i)), but that got sent through the washing machine, never to recover...!
    I use a camera mainly to take pics of my son (19 months old now), so any choice has to be ready to shoot pretty quickly and have a fast shutter speed, have decent battery life (which are best, AAs or prop. Li-ion), and 5x Optical zoom would be nice. I appreciate that I don't need silly amounts of Megapixels, 8Mp would be fine, but quality of image across all lighting conditions would be good.
    If you've got this far, thankyou very much. I've been reading review after review, checking specs, shots taken, etc. No ONE site covers it all, and it's not easy cross-referencing all that I find, and basically there is going to be a big gap in my boys photo album if I don't make a choice soon. I'm my own worst enemy in that sense really, as any piece of kit that is bought has to do everything that I could possibly want from it, but on a shoestring budget!!!

Cheers:sigh:

2. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

Anything wrong with a bridge camera?

FZ series are amazing, but as all the Lumix's have Leica's I'd go for that

3. tictactoe

tictactoe What's a Dremel?

Cheers for your input bigsharn:)

Hadn't considered a bridge camera, thinking that they'd all be too expensive....but I was wrong!

Couldn't find the right price (for me) on any of the Panasonics, but then stumbled across an older, but new Fuji FinePix S5800, 8.0MP, 10x Optical Zoom for less than £120. It's ordered, just awaiting delivery:D

Not exactly pocket sized, but then I used to hitch around the Uk with a Ricoh SLR (KR-10, I think)without any problems, just got more stuff to cart around...but I do have my own car these days!!!!:thumb: