1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fumps going for it (new pics 23-01)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ellism, 19 Jan 2004.

1. fump

fump What's a Dremel?

erm the BS in both of them is British Standard, so naturally the Americans named it that :eyebrow: . i asume the threads are normal threads on the barbs im gona buy.

2. Malvolio

Malvolio .

3. ellism

ellism What's a Dremel?

hi guys, sorry no pictures from me this week, :sigh: thats unless physics is canceled again this week.

4. fump

fump What's a Dremel?

sorry the pictures have run dry, i hav now also taken some pictures on my new camera phone but they will stay on it til i buy a data cable for it as it costs a bomb to send the pictures to an email address.

now, after seeing som nice spare bits of pipe i hav started making the radiator. as always my radiator is a crazy device that will b ok at cooling as it will have 2 120mm fans sucking air over it. it will flow directly into the reservoir which will fit in next to the radiator itself. its looking quite crazy at the moment (like a big bent piece of copper tube) and i could get a nice note out of it before i cut bits off it. i hav a few pictures and i hope to take more of it finished as well as it being made. Again the design has be concieved as i was making it. Its dimensions are 570 long by 220 wide by 90 deep, i think. the main tube is 19mm copper pipe, to keep the pressure low and so keep the water in there for a longer time and that flows into smaller tubes to increase the surface area. that will have a grid of copper wire or small tubes soldered to it to increase the total area that can be cooled. :idea: i have jus thought of an improvement i can make to it!

5. ellism

ellism What's a Dremel?

You mate i goto see that, will be down on to see it on monday.

6. fump

fump What's a Dremel?

mertin said he would put some pictures up some time soon. i have quite a few pictures of verious parts being made or made and i will just update you on how i am getting on. the crazy radiator is getting far odder. it now has a big piece of steel box section as a sort of distributor, 8 pipes feed into it and this will feed into the reservior which will now be in the top of the case to aid bleedin the system. the best way to describe the radiator is a ladder bent in the middle. i have made a few bits on a lathe, a brass end and a 19mm to 12mm adaptorout of ally, for the radiator. i might not need to use that radiator after all, a guy that works at skool might get som microbore and i will use that, i wanted to use that originally but it cost money and i didnt have it when i wanted to make the radiator. im skint aswel. Also because of this i have made barbs insted of buying them. True using steel would worry most people but in a closed look system using distilled water and anti corrosives they wont rust. oddly they have a metric thread and they fit the imperial taps in the blocks. i need to make some barbs for the distributor bit of the rad and for the res, i also need to make that. panels all round and the drive cages need to be made still. i have about 7 weeks at most. :worried:

7. ellism

ellism What's a Dremel?

sorry for not posting my computer has been out of actions, been sorting out ,my wires so i can fit my little pII 200mhz box (feel the power) onto my desk. promis to get the pics up as soon as i can.

8. ellism

ellism What's a Dremel?

got the pics ready just waiting for Malfoleo to get back to me and you lot can see them.

9. fump

fump What's a Dremel?

its been really quiet on this thread for ages i know. I dont have any of my pics and ive kinda finished it now (as in my AS is over soon.) Also i dont have that amount of hair anymore, YAY.