1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fusion 360 templates

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by paradanglers, 2 Jun 2019.

1. paradanglers

paradanglers What's a Dremel?

I'm what you might call an acrylic virgin and I'm considering a distro plate for my system which will include a mounting for the d5 pump. Can I ask whether there are any pre-made templates for the fusion 360 program which the community can make use of? I'm asking because I'm new to fusion 360 and still at the bottom of a big learning curve and consequently the prospect of having to design my own pump top is scaring the crap out of me!

Also, just out of curiosity is it ever common practice to use three sheets of acrylic when designing distribution plates? I'm thinking the reason for this may be to create channels/paths which could cross each other or possibly to create reservoir spaces with greater capacities.

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

You might need to copy the stock top with a cheap micrometer. You've probably seen this, but here's a guide. There's also an older guide made by Bit-Tech's Pope.
    You can add as many layers as you want if you design it properly. :D The thicker the better, (or I guess more striking/awesome.)

3. paradanglers

paradanglers What's a Dremel?

Thanks, they're ideal. wish me luck!