1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FYI - forum emails getting binned to spam

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Byron C, 5 Nov 2018.

1. Byron C

Byron C *psst!* This guy is a loser!

You guys aren't going to be able to do anything about this, but I thought it worth flagging. I have email subscriptions for all threads I post in, and lately Google has been binning some of them to my spam folder. The only pattern I can see is where the posts in the email contain a hotlinked image.

Like I said, I doubt there's much you can do, so this is more of an FYI I guess. I rely on email notifications pretty heavily, especially for PMs.

EDIT: Damnit, couldn't get all of the menu in the tags... Forum software clearly doesn't like tags like "Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam baked beans Spam Spam Spam and Spam" or "Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce garnished with truffle pâté brandy and a fried egg on top and Spam".

2. MLyons

MLyons Half dev, Half doge. Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Thanks for the heads up.If I PM you over an email address could you forward me 1 example of one that went to spam and another that didn't?

3. Byron C

Let me see if I can remember/find any that I had to manually flag as "not spam".

4. Byron C

Feel free to send me the email address though :)