1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G-gnome's Orac³ - Part 2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G-gnome, 1 Sep 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

And I feel sorry for you and you and you and you...

;) :D

2. broots

broots What's a Dremel?

:eeek: that's not fair. Don't do that again! :nono: :p

3. Solarius

Solarius What's a Dremel?

<Expressed Anger> :p

<Goes looking for gun> :)

4. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

(me runs away fast)

5. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

/me chuckles at everyone's obsession, for he has learned patience!!

/me would still like an update though

6. Codeman

Codeman What's a Dremel?

G-gnome, I asked this question back on page 14, I think, but it was apparently lost amidst the profuse worshipping. :D

How much does this monster weigh, and will you be carting it (literally) to lan parties? It looks to be quite hefty all ready. :eeek:

:thumb: again!

7. Vcdman

Vcdman What's a Dremel?

hey g-gnome, can you measure teh HxWxL of those plastic project boxes you have i cant seem to find ones to fit my psu. Thanks

8. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

9. Pistol

Pistol Guest

:dremel: :dremel: :dremel: :dremel: :dremel: :dremel: :dremel: :dremel: :dremel: :dremel:
    10/10 Dremel guys to you! This work is insane. I was planning on modding my case with your exacting ways, but now I'm intimidated :(

You've done an outstanding job man. The mesh idea for the radiator looks awesome, and dont fret over the hole design on the radiator grille, it's perfect and fits with the theme.

Question: What did you mean about the components inside back when you were updating the project? Are you going to paint/chrome individual parts on the motherboard and cards themselves? If not, that would be a great idea. Perhaps a little risky, but even vinyl dying would look awesome.

Again, mad props G-gnome. :rock:

10. Vcdman

Vcdman What's a Dremel?

Yeah actually i cannot find ones that will fit the psu so i do need the same ones. It was a simple question for him .

11. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

Ok, I understand that but why cant you just get one that is of some reasonable dimensions that will fit?

im guessing something like 4-5in(L)x2.5-3(W)x1-3(D)

12. stew2point0

stew2point0 What's a Dremel?

Just in case it hasn't been said enough, this project is awesome!

It's amazing that you actually planned all this ahead of time - you are definitely a patient man. There's so much good stuff here, I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve (I'm betting you're going to be the first to put a window in a clear case :worried: )

Anyway, looking forward to the next update, although 2 weeks could be tough - it had better be worth it (like we would expect anything less) :D

13. Vcdman

Vcdman What's a Dremel?

Whenever I try generic stuff i get nothing and when I search for just plastic boxes i get a million things, and I know his worked very well so I rather use his. I know they are at rs-components they got alot, I just need a dimensions so I can go and buy them.

14. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

Ok, I am going to jump on the band wagon and say GREAT JOB! But I also have a few questions:

How many shower hose things have you used?

What is the approximate budget on the astetics(sp?) for this project? (if you dont mind me asking)

Sorry if you said this but how much does chroming cost?

Cant wait for updates...I am going to be interested in your stealthed mobo and PCI stuff...I have an image in my head, but for some reason, I believe that yours will be a number-i-cant-express better than my image!
    :clap: :clap:

15. Goldberg

Goldberg What's a Dremel?

I'm wondering how you got the length of the hoses just right. I haven't figured that out yet. :rolleyes:

16. Hindaine

Hindaine What's a Dremel?

Measure Twice, Cut once. Go look thru his photos, he has some scans of his sketchbook... so many numbers! It burns my eyes!

17. Darkside

Darkside What's a Dremel?

Having read every single word of this extensive (and awesome) log, I can say for sure that G-gnome has declined to shed light on the money issue at least twice.

Appreciate it for it's beauty, and not how many dollars have gone into it...... after all, no amount of money can buy you the inspiration, vision and skills to create such a masterpiece.

Darkside.

/very patiently waiting for next update :dremel:

18. jskinner123

jskinner123 What's a Dremel?

HEY THERE

hey there im new to the forums here and I would first off like to say that this is the most amazing case mod I have ever seen. I havnt had a chance to read everyones post's and all of the text to see where you are going with it but I sure have enjoyed the pictures. I have a few suggestions though that you may or may not like:

1) The side pannel when you are finished would look cool if you had that green plexi sheet as a kind of window on it, but with random holes around 80 - 120 mm cut in it, like at the bottom of this picture, or just some circles of that side randomly placed on the side

[​IMG]

2) I dont know if this was the look you were going for but at the top of the picture the mass of screws popping out kind of throws off the clean feel of the case. Maybe some rounded covers or something to clean it up if its even possible.

**edit begin**
    3) The plastic in front of the radiator at near the bottom of the case with the holes cut in it, but no green glow on it anywhere, might be cool if somehow you could line the outsides of the circles with the green glowing effect. Just a thought.
    **edit end**

I just like things really clean and thats my style. Dont take anything to offense I REALLY love this case and wish I had to skills to do something like this. Keep it up, and im looking forward to the next update. Oh and if you needed something for your case and was low on money let me see what my company can provide for you to help out. Just hit me up at my email justins@cbssc.com if ya need anything. LATE

Last edited: 16 Oct 2003
  19. Randomboy

Randomboy What's a Dremel?

I'm going to venture to say........so far its cost......more than a candy bar :)

He'll update it when he updates it, your watching a work in progress, cut the man some slack :)

20. n-gen

n-gen Banned

dude, you have had too much praise, we dont want you getting all big headed now :nono:

no, but i have to say this case is a masterpiece, seriously

anyway, i just noticed something whilst staring in awe :jawdrop: at the case.

no floppy?

please explain, i cant find it anywhere.

another thing, the motherboard and cards are gonna be a bit out of place if left as standard, but from what i have seen so far you must have something amazing up your sleeve. right?

good job, keep it up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.