1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G-gnome's Orac³ - Part 2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G-gnome, 1 Sep 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. at_b

at_b What's a Dremel?

i didn t open bit forums in around 16 hours(or more) which must be some kind of record, jsut because i wanted to see the updated completed. the click click refresh refresh thing came into my mind but it s better this way(and my eyes aren t red for not getting any sleep) :p
    well...now comes the usual :eeek: :jawdrop:
    and a :thumb: :dremel: and good luck with the rest...

P.S. i reaaaalllly realllly must ask this first(i hope :worried:) when is the next update :p(just ignore that)

2. Complexity

Complexity What's a Dremel?

Re: Re: Very very impressive.

I still don't understand? It's plain to see that all around the letters of "EHEIM" and the entire casing is black from the vinyl dye. How did the dye not paint over the word "EHEIM"???

- Complexity.

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

It looks like G-Gnome only dyed the part of the pump casing with the barbs on as the rest (where it says Eheim) is hidden by the chromed cover.

4. Fleabark

Fleabark What's a Dremel?

Re: Re: Re: Very very impressive.

Complexity, if you look close you can see the spatter line where he stopped spraying just in front of the brand name.

G-gnome, if I was a woman I would want to have your babies.... :thumb: :thumb:

-Fleabark

5. mence

mence What's a Dremel?

G-gnome, you don't happen to work for Samsung do you? Because after you released your 4th update , Samsung advertised their brand-new chromed fridge! .... Spooky :eyebrow:

Anyway, congratulations, once again you've thought up new and amazing ideas :eeek:

I love the pump overhang idea - the flush chrome and perspex will look super smooth :D

Cheers,
    mence

6. Sol Badguy

Sol Badguy What's a Dremel?

holy hell... g-nome this is your first mod isnt it. how is it that this is your first and (in my opinion) your doing way better than yoshi would ever do and just as good as the likes of zap and macro.

man i hope when i do my first mod it will be half as good as this.

1 question... you have some copper showing through some clear water blocks. wont this mess up the look of your case. but iam sure you already realised this and are working on it already

7. ramapoughnative

ramapoughnative What's a Dremel?

AH... I feel like a junkie gettin a fix!!! Any way possible G that you could post an overall picture of the entire case with the pump and all mounted? It would be nice to get an overall picy to drool over :D

Excellent work!!

8. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

Hey G-gnome fantastic work :jawdrop: When I saw what had happened to your gpu block I thought maybe you could replace all the WB clear tops with the orac signature green perspex? Just a thought really :)

9. Jonas79

Jonas79 What's a Dremel?

The waterblocks (and the whole mobo+gfx card(+any pci cards?) will be hidden. He has already answered this a couple of times through the two threads. I'm really looking forward to see that :hip: Will be really cool to see just HOW he's going to do it. He hasn't given any details about HOW it will be stealthed, just that it will be...

Keep in moddin now mr G-gnome sir :thumb: :dremel:

10. tumz

tumz What's a Dremel?

I cant believe it!

The work and craft on this case is so amazing. What you did with the pump is incredible. You are using time on every little detail, makes this mod the best of all time! :eeek:

I cant wait to see the finished product. It will be the most awesome of the millenium, at least untill you'll decide to make a Orac^4

:D

You rock! :rock: :rock: :rock:

11. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

omg Gnome you always seem to amaze me. :eeek: Keep up the awesome work.

12. o0mercer0o

o0mercer0o What's a Dremel?

I'm speechless :blah: Absolutely Goregeous!!!!

I can't wait till the next update.
    I also can't wait to see all of the future mods that are inspired by this case.

13. Gedron

Gedron What's a Dremel?

Re: Re: Re: Very very impressive.

He only dyed the front and top front areas because they are the only parts that will show once the pump is inside it's chromed casing.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. lokki

lokki What's a Dremel?

Dang! There are no words that describe the magnificence of the work. I've got a buttload of work to do, yet find myself staring at the pictures again and again... :jawdrop:

This project log is like a great book or movie...can't wait for more, but never want it to end!

15. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

WOWWWWWWW :jawdrop: it is fantastic the precision and the beauty of your work, I draw you my hat and I dream of the next update... :thumb:

16. Pistol

Pistol Guest

I think that about sums it up.

Seriously, g-gnome, this is amazing work, truly. j/w but with all the harddrives and such, did you have to buy more showerhoses, or do you still have some left :hehe:

I'm not sure if I like the little green plexi you added...I might need an overall shot of everything included so that I can decide :D

This box beats my cardboard case so much...*kicks*

:waah:

17. Frorider

Frorider What's a Dremel?

it's really amazing !
    I want the same :lol: :thumb: :thumb: :waah:

18. Gedron

Gedron What's a Dremel?

I did have a question for you G-gnome.

Have you looked into whether or not the chrome on the barbs may become a contaminate in your WC setup?

-Ged

19. FlashPanHunter

FlashPanHunter What's a Dremel?

Some great work! Its a shame about the broken water block, but everything else looks smooth. Nice work on the mobo modding two, with brand new board that takes some nerves of steel. At least for me. I also like the fact that we didn't get to see the whole case together, instead of relieving the suspence, its only growwing :eeek: I am as everyone else is, very eager to see this baby completed, so good luck :thumb:

Oh and as a rebutal to a previous post, there is no such thing as too much chrome ;)

20. Goldberg

Goldberg What's a Dremel?

Awesome :rock:
    When you mentioned earlier that you would place a green perspex panel on the side of the case, I wasn't sure about how it would look, it looks great!!!!

[​IMG]
    Could you tell us:
    • How high the perspex blocks are underneath the HDD base bracket?
    • And how high the HDD mounting bracket it self is??
    I've got a Lian-Li PC7323A HDD bracket and by the looks of it it seems that my HDD base is much higher (1.5inch = about 4cm).

The pump also looks great. The motherboard mod is awesome and dared. I'm sure this is one of the best case mods of 2003.

Mod on :dremel:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.