1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware G.Skill F3-12800CL8T-6GBHK Tri-Channel DDR3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 29 Jan 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Quick question....what operating system are folk with i7 cpus and 6gbs of RAM using>? Thakies

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

4. tuaamin13

tuaamin13 What's a Dremel?

I'm using Vista Business x64 for my i7 and 6GB. I'm very happy with the performance. I just wish startup was faster; that's always been a problem with Windows. Is it even multithreaded?

Just a question, is it rare to get a QPI above 150-160? I'm currently running 200 on air, but every single review I've seen caps their QPI at about that level.

5. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I love G.Skill RAM. I am using it now and have never had a problem with it. It's cheap (relatively), performs well and has a pretty decent OC.

6. dtham

dtham What's a Dremel?

I have the "G.Skill Red NQ" (G.SKILL F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 6GB DDR3 3X2GB DDR3-1600 CL 9-9-9-24 Triple Channel Memory Kit) I'll take a look to see if they are using the Samsung HCF0s. I just got them and I was wondering how they would perform.

7. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

I swear by G.Skill stuff, or Corsair (for those budget systems)! :D

Great review Bit, another job well done.

:)

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I expect good motherboards to do a QPI of 200 - it's my benchmark. Above 180 should be a given, unless it's corporate or particularly different (low power or very cost sensitive).

9. Sterkenburg

Sterkenburg To mod or not to mod...

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit right now, and it seems perfectly stable to me! I was having all kinds of trouble with Vista Business 64-bit installing... Like, I downloaded it straight from Microsoft, burned and installed it myself, and it somehow came out 32-bit. I wasn't even sure if that's possible, but evidently it was! Anyway, that sealed the Windows 7 deal for me. No way I'm using half my RAM.

Tags: Add Tags