1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding G27 - SteelSeries SRW-S1

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Snubbs, 4 Jul 2013.

1. Snubbs

Snubbs CustomPC Migration victim....

Hey Guys,

I've had my G27 for about 2 years now, and over that time I've spent a fair bit of money and time customising it to offer a bit more functionality.

Here is pretty much how it currently stands, although since I took this photo I have changed a few buttons and added a small POV switch to the top-right in place of the button (I'll upload an up to date pic when I get chance).

[​IMG]

Something I looked at about 3-4 months ago was using a SteelSeries SRW-S1 wheel mounted to the G27. The SRW-S1 has the perfect shape for the games I tend to play - at the moment almost exclusively Codemasters F1 2012. My existing G27 wheel feels a bit too wide for F1, as such the SRW at 9-inches wide (the G27 is 12") should be a nice improvement.

I've looked at various ways to mount the wheel, however it seems the cleanest and most practical way is to buy a specially made quick-release system, which a guy called Juan in Spain produces:

[​IMG]

I've been in touch with Juan and will be ordering the part over the weekend. I figured others might be interested to see some detailed pictures on how its installed and also a closer look at the quality and functionality of this setup.

So, at the weekend I'll be getting hold of a SRW-S1, checking the build quality/comfort, then getting the QR mount ordered :D

I'm a little excited if I'm honest.

James