1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News GAME Group enters its final day

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 26 Mar 2012.

1. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

I thinks its also quite telling that perhaps these days, rent on high streets coupled with expensive business taxs from local governments might just be too expensive for companies to bother with for much longer. Highstreets across the country are closing down, with phone and charity shops being about the only thing left. At what point do the high street property owners (normally banks these days) finally go "perhaps we should start decreasing rent".

2. ADJB

ADJB What's a Dremel?

For those of you too young to know about such things google "shoe event horizon theory"

For those of you that know about such things don't say you didn't get warned, about 30 years ago.

3. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Why does it matter if the majority of highstreets die off?

4. historicrain

historicrain What's a Dremel?

everyone on this forum making a post are all assess for want of a better word. You are telling me that you have never been to game to trade in a game that you have completed or got bored of or even youve seen a game that you fancy a shot of and thought "meh why not"?

Game have been there for every gaming need from buying a console like the xbox to the xbox 360 and even the playstation original right the way up to the PS3 and even the Playstation vita.

No matter what you play be it Xbox or Playstation Game have been there to cater for your every gaming need no matter how small like a scratched disc for a quid theyd fix it for you.

Game IS gaming no argument and none is needed ye sure they maybe a bit over priced but if you took back a game say Skyrim you got £22 for it if you took it back to Game thou if you took it to HMV youd only get £15 for it.

There is not a single company (now) that catered entierly to the needs of gamers and nothing else not even HMV do that as they also sell dvds and music equipment and in some places books and even have a coffee shop in them as well.

Like i said sure they may be over priced but you knew you were getting quality service from not only the company but also the employees. Iwent into Game and asked for advice on a new game to get for my Xbox and i got alot of help heck they even picked out a game for me and i love it it was rage then i went into HMV and noone in the game section could tell me a damn bit about anygame

5. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

I can hand on heart say I've never been into GAME to trade in an old completed game.

I'm a gamer and I play on PC, I own in the region of 700 games 500 of which are on STEAM, that's not including my console games. You also forgot to mention STEAM in your rant. GAME barely sell any of my pc games, or hardware or accessories. In fact STEAM is a company which caters more to my gaming needs. Not to mention that STEAM was generally 15% cheaper on most new releases and old games were anywhere from 20-80% cheaper depending on the offer. Pretty sure I never walked into GAME and saw all square-enix games up to date for £50.

Maybe the employees were in touch with the gaming community but the company certainly wasn't.

So please explain to me again how GAME were catering to my needs?

I don't know if you're a disgruntled employee or just a troll. If you are a former employee of GAME, then I'm sorry you lost your job, but blame the company not the customers. If you're a troll then peace out.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

6. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I have never traded a game or bought a second hand one from Game. That is what eBay is for! Why would I want to add a middle man and pay the extra they add?

Also have you never heard of Amazon and it's product reviews?

7. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

+1 for Amazon, I probabl spend more money there than I do on steam (Steam is actually pretty expensive unless you get the deals).

Last edited: 29 Mar 2012
Tags: Add Tags