1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress GAME HARD, FOLD HARDER - back to work on this baby

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Hukkel, 1 Jan 2013.

1. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

WOOHOO Gigabyte BeNeLux has put a link to this buildlog on their Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/GIGABYTE.Benelux

They have sent me a goodiebag I am allowed to give away to viewers of this build log :thumb:

Going to take pictures tonight and start the (mini)competition in this buildlog asap. :clap:

2. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

My Sammy 1.35v 4*4 GB kit. This mobo will eat them for breakfast. Aiming for 2400mhz with them @ 1.65v. I will be fitting a XSPC RAM waterblock on them when I also receive my XSPC heatsinks to fit to the bare Sammies first.

[​IMG]

One brand spanking new i7-3770k from the United States of Americana.

[​IMG]

EKWBs prefered weapon of choice. Gelid Extreme. So if it's good enough for them it is good enough for me. It is non conductive so also usefull for the GPUs.

[​IMG]

The XSPC Raystorm :drool:
    Ever since I first layed my eyes on these I wanted one. So stylish and clean. LUV'M

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is a used one. Bought it for 20 euros because there was one screw missing. I bought another pack of Raystorm screws for 8 euros. So I got an alright deal.

As you can see from the following before and after pictures. The previous mounting left a bit of a darker spot on it. Hukky does not approve of that :nono:

[​IMG]

After me and my friend Mr. Brasso worked our magic it got the official Hukky seal of Approval! :thumb:

[​IMG]

Open up and say AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[​IMG]

Omnomnomnomnom

[​IMG]

I normally use this to clean a thermometer after being used....where the sun does not shine. But I also use it to whipe any kind of grease from the cpu lid caused by fingerprints.

[​IMG]

And after putting a pea worth of Gelid Extreme on it I placed the waterblock. Isn't she a beauty?

ps don't mind the poo-stool on the far right xD I accidentally snapped that through the lid of the box :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I ordered a small package containing the new screw pack for the Raystorm, orange o-rings (as if you can see them after fitting, oh well as long as I know they are there) and three of the Bitspower fittings to be able to fit plexi tubing in them. I made a few shots of them. Pay attention to one of them looking into the fitting with the flash. You can see the two black o-rings in there which will keep the pipes in place and make them NOT leak.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And back in the box. The case is currently somewhere else (together with my stock of parts) because we're remodelling the attic. So I will now transport this to where the case is friday (when my wife isn't working in the evening) and fit it into the case (and maybe take one or two pictures).

:)

[​IMG]

3. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

So like I said earlier Gigabyte BeNeLux enjoyed my worklog and posted it on their Facebook page. But not only that. They were so kind to send me a goodie bag filled with Gigabyte merchandise to give away to a reader of this buildlog :rock:

Of course I personally like to read what people think of my build and of the parts I used, but also Gigabyte likes to know what people think of their new high end motherboard.

So we decided to give away this goodiebag (including postage worldwide) to one of the following next 25 replies in this buildlog (exclusing me of course :nono: ).

Rules:
    - you have to leave a reply that is aimed at the build itself or any of the components, so no: I'm in";
    - you have to be one of the following 25 people that reply (multiple replies counts as a single reply;
    - Worldwide postage is on me unless you live somewhere my post office does not ship to or the mailman is too scared to go to due to military situations.
    - The winner will be randomly chosen by MS Excel.

Here are some pictures of the goodie bag and what is in it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A HUGE mousepad, a pen, a towel, a lanyard, a note booklet, a soccesball to hold things like businesscards and some random material. I will throw in some extra stuff I have in my house like stickers, poster, etc. It will be a good filled bag :thumb:

I hope you guys and girls like this competition. Good luck!

Thank you Gigabyte BeNeLux for donating this goodie bag. If you go their Facebook page they are also giving away an even bigger goodie bag there. Check it out.

http://www.facebook.com/GIGABYTE.Benelux

edit: Gigabyte also added a poloshirt into the package :thumbsup:

Last edited: 17 Jan 2013
    Ripitup121 likes this.
  4. saxovtsmike

saxovtsmike Minimodder

Nice Build Tim, love the detail with the orange o-Rings on the BP fittings.
    Need to get my hands on one of these XSPC Waterblocks

5. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thanks a lot Michael! Small things like that I somehow care about enough to change :D

6. tp148

tp148 Minimodder

Awesome choice of hardware. Bitspower and mdpc goodness always improve a build!
    Logitech g35s as well, great choice, I personally think they're brilliant headphones!!
    Keep it up!

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

poo and stool used in such an innocent combination. much chuckling to be had. :hehe:

Looking great so far. Love the clear case on the SSD.:thumb:

8. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thanks man, lets hope I will use them well :)

Thank you.

hahaha how is it called in English properly? It is something my kids learn to do their pee and poo on :D

9. The_Crapman

well It's called a potty, but i think poo-stool is WAY better, stool being a posh/slighty medical term for poo ha ha ha

10. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

LOLZ xD

I thought stool was also something you could sit on. Like a chair.

Oh well, we now both know what I meant :D

11. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

What do the GFX cards look like?

If anything like my 680's you have the GEFORCE GTX down the side in green - Plans to re-paint this Orange to match the build?

12. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Well they are the stock cards: http://www.kfa2.com/GTX670_stand.shtml

I don't think these have the big green GEFORCE GTX down the side. But it is not really a problem since I won't be using the stock cooler anyway. I will be using a XSPC waterblock and a custom backplate for it. :dremel:

13. The_Crapman

Such is the delight (or retardedness) of the english language, stool also means something you can sit on, like a bar stool. Your english is brilliant by the way. Had no didn't even realise you were dutch! lol

14. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thank you very much for that compliment. *bows*

I write a lot of English on various forums. Have done for many years so I try and get it up to a decent level at least :)

15. dreps

dreps Minimodder

really like the mobo. I'm counting on planning a casemod with it to. Is it easy to overclock with this mobo? (only have experience with ASRock)

16. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Nice color scheme. I am looking foward to see MBO in the case. ;)

17. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

It should be far easier to OC with. It is basically created for overclocking. Not only the amount of powerphases but also the quality of the VRMs and parts it is build with. If the CPU can do it the mobo will get it easy.

Thank you very much. I hope to get to that part very soon. I just need to save up some cash to buy new watercooling parts and get material for custom panels.

18. matiss

matiss Minimodder

Nice choice of colours and the mainboard fits right in there. Glad you could fit in the rad holder without to much an incident. I´ll be watching ;)

19. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Love the before and after Brasso pictures

20. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Much appreciated! Yeah I was relieved as well. It would have been a pity if I had to reorder it. But all is well now.

Thanks! I thought it might be hard to see in the pictures. But it turned out decently visible.