1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game installation issue - OS Vista

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Nezodon, 25 Dec 2007.

1. Nezodon

Nezodon What's a Dremel?

I was wondering if any of you folks could help me out on a little problem in which i'm having involving installing some games on my PC.

I am currently using Vista - I'm very new to Vista - and have noticed when I try to install certain games it wont even run them, it will make a noise kinda like a bleeping not at all the noise of an optical drive, and it seems unable to read the disc at all. This means that auto run doesnt start and MyComputer doesnt recognise having anything in the drive. It is not giving me any error message or indication as to any issues it is encountering, just keeps attempting to read the disc.

I've tried using a few film DVD's and they work fine by all accounts and "Battlefield 2" seems to install and act normally, so I dont believe it is the drive itself, the 2 games I have tried to install were "FEAR" and "Scarface" and this is where I have encountered the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

What age is your CD/DVD drive? As older optical disc drives seem to have more reading errors. My (and one of my friend's, we have a same one) do sometimes not read correctly some discs.

TBH, there's nothing to do but buy a new ODD, but only if it's old.