1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game sold me a pre-owned console as new

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mushky, 6 Jul 2007.

1. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

good to hear you got ur gear properly. if that failed i woulda taken it to trading standards too. i used to work in jessops and a very similar thing happened with a camera, was used, wrong serial number, pics on card etc. it was hell. not my fault of course!

2. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I dunno about the UK, but in Holland retailers are by law obliged to offer warranty for reasonable operating time. this means a washing machine that craps out after 1 year and 2 months might not be 'under warranty', but still the retailer is obliged to take up the issue.

3. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Oh yes I'll get what I want tomorrow when the manager is in. Mark my words :D

Still got the receipt, but unfortunately didn't get a receipt for the original swap but the manager should remember

4. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Rly? I wouldn't be too happy if that happened to me... complain. You might get a freebie :p

5. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I'll be happy with a replacement console tbh
    especially if it has hdmi ;)

6. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Game are usually very good, they were always good to me. When i bought my console on the day of release, it was all very helpful and polite, and then when it died on me, it was all well and good to have it replaced, i didn't need the receipt, because they recognised me from when i bought it (that was the store manager too)
    Hope all goes well for you.

Sam

7. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Tis the reason why i don't shop at new/used game shops anymore. I bought a game, and it was a limitted addition that was supposed to contain the game and i believe 8 of it's expansions. When i got home i opened the box to find only 5 of the 8 in the box. I called in and manager said to bring it when, so when i went by the store the manager asked what was the problem. I told him so and he accused me of lieing, and after a few minutes of argueing i got a full refund. Ever since i refuse to buy from a used game shop. Another time i bought a game and it was so badly scratched when they gave it to me i just had to ask, and the guy said we test all our games, so it will work. Soon as i got home and put it into the console it never loaded. Brought it back and the same guy who sold me it took it back, yet he still gave me a dirty look like i had something to do with it.

8. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Oh wow, that is terrible for you :(
    I did my dealings with gamestation, and despite them sending me another xbox again, it was faulty as soon as I got it. Another again now, and seems to be ok for now and this is well within the 3 year microsoft warrenty thing :) (mine was a core preowned one)
    And, gamestations customer service over the phone is second to none! :)

Hope all goes well for you though, if not, get to the papers/media ;)

9. digicell

digicell What's a Dremel?

mate i had the same problem infact....i demanded game to refund me or replace the console....this happened to me too....you betetr off taking it back to the store you purchased it from?

10. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Cheers, yeah I will do. They don't have any consoles in stock at the moment but I spoke to the manager on the phone and he said he should be getting more in next week. I'll go in then. I'm sure it will get resolved. The reason I bought it from a shop, paying a premium, was so that I could return it if it broke like my first xbox. Good job it went within 12 months, should make it easier. I can't be doing with sending it to MS now when Ninja Gaiden 2 will be hitting my door mat next week!

If I get grief from the store I'm quite prepared to buy an elite from a different shop to play with while this one gets sorted out through the small claims court

11. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

If they have archived security footage of your original purchase, it's evidence in your favour that you've paid and are warranted for a Premium unit that was mispackaged in a Core box.

12. superpooper

superpooper What's a Dremel?

You should've returned it immediately dude!

13. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Just swapped it with a falcon made on 5th May this year.

14. Millusdk

Millusdk What's a Dremel?

That is nice :D good for you it all turned out happily in the end:thumb:

15. xaxaz

xaxaz What's a Dremel?

I once traded in a broken XBox for $80.00 in store credit. lol <_>