1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GameCube drops in price (And may disapear all together)

Discussion in 'Serious' started by GreatOldOne, 14 Mar 2003.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

The UK retailer Dixons is cutting the price of the Nintendo GameCube in a last ditch attempt to get people to buy the games console.
    The console is being offered for £99 instead of £129, with a free game thrown in, at Dixons, Currys and PC World stores as from this week.

Sales of the GameCube have been flagging in the UK, with High Street retailer considering dropping the console altogether.

Dixons is one of the UK's biggest sellers of consoles and a decision not to continue to stock the GameCube would be a blow to Nintendo.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/2840937.stm

So - is the next combatant in the console wars to flat line? How long do you think it's got left?

I suppose it's logical it would be Game Cube - PS2 is so entrenched, and the X-Box will keep going as Bill can afford to give them away with Happy Meals.

2. Stew

Stew Disgruntled Postal Worker

also Argos are doing a deal on them for £78

Now is a great time to get one :clap:

3. SuperScrubber

SuperScrubber Mad Chemist.....buwahahaa

Sunning line-up in the near future for the cube too ...
    Pick one up second hand even cheaper and youre getting a top class console with some superb games and more to come

4. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

It's sad really. Nintendo has always been a top notch console maker. This will surely be their last console. The appeal has been shifted to 'younger' gamers by the media. I have a GameCube and it has some of the best titles around. Oh well, I have an Xbox and a PS2 also. So I guess I will have atleast one console that will always have games for it =).