1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gamer gets crucified... err, weird?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 24 Mar 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg What's a Dremel?

Good idea lol, but the gfx sucks

3. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

Well, In real life, Crusifiction was among (if not) the most brutal, painful death sentances ever. As the game is aiming for realism, and the guy was found guilty of ganking noobs, I'd say it's in-character for the game.

However, there are some little details that bother me.

For one, the cross is far too big. It should be about a third that size. Remember, the victims had to carry the thing from the prison to the place of execution, after they'd had all the skin on their backs flayed off.

Also, there's no blood. The guy on the cross is missing all the skin off his back, remember? Also, there's huge nails through each wrist and through both feet pinning him to the cross. Obviously, as it's a game, having realistic amounts of blood would kill the game's rating. Still, that lower pillar of the cross should be red, not wood-grain.

Finally, those models are horrible. The hills in the background and the clouds look great, so maybe the models are just beta models.

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

would be nice if a lot more games took this kind of route, something a bit more humiliating and visible as a deterrent, something like a set of stocks in WoW or a lump of carbonite in SWG, just something that might make people say 'hey weren't you that guy who got put in the stocks for spamming/ ganking/ exploiting/ etc?'

True there might be a few gamers who would see this as something to be proud of but while in this situation you wouldn't be able to do anything other than just sit or hang there until your time was up, it would get very boring.

5. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

Gfx look awful. poor for a modern game. I wont be purchasing it.

6. korhojoa

korhojoa durr

So you'll just be uh, 'Aquiring' it then?

7. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

If I like a game, I will buy it. If I don't, I will not.
    If I can't see what the game is like with a free demo, I will borrow a copy from someone, try it and if I like it buy a copy myself.

:cooldude:

Tags: Add Tags