1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Games for steam/blizzard/origin etc

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by andrew8200m, 12 Mar 2018.

1. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

It’s been about 3 years since I have had a gaming system or a PC for that so I’m massively out of touch with games. And hello again to anyone who may remember me!

Subject? - Games.
    Specifics? - FPS, MMO
    Accounts? - Steam, Origin, Blizzard, Ubiwotzit

So... I’ve subbed again to WoW but other than that I have no idea what is out, coming out or should be avoided.

I lost my battlefield, WoW, etc so FPS, MMO mostly.

What should I be looking at? My system is top end and my backup isn’t a slouch either so I have no issues being able to play any of the games. (Check sig)

Pay monthly is something I would rather avoid however I could dabble if free trials are offered.

So what are your recommendations?

2. MLyons

MLyons Half dev, Half doge. Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Fortnite. Great game and although it can be a little steep at the start it becomes very enjoyable and rewarding when you slowly get better.

3. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Well-Known Member

I’d heard a fair bit about it from some PS4 gamers I know. I’ll have a look into it for PC but it’s one of those games I’d probably get more game time in on the play station that’s the problem. So much talk of cross platform gaming now I’ve noticed.. I’m not sure if that’s a good or a bad thing

4. Anfield

Anfield Well-Known Member

FPS:
    Multi player:
    Fortnite Batte Royale and Overwatch, both share the "problem" that skill from other games doesn't necessarily transfer (beyond the ability to aim), so there is a learning curve, but both are very fun.
    Also give Dirty Bomb a spin, it is a more traditional multiplayer FPS.

Single player:
    Doom (2016 one), Bulletstorm, Prey, Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

MMOs:
    The genre is pretty much dead, the two titans WoW and EvE are still around with a healthy player base, other than that there isn't much.
    There are some other old ones that still have servers trucking along like Everquest, Wildstar etc, but no publisher has the balls to fund development of a proper MMO any more ever since the me too clones of WoW failed en masse.

5. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Destiny 2 if you want to find a clan and enjoy the endgame. Not so much if you want to play for the story because it's quite short - around 10 hrs. Plenty of challenges, quests, and equipment to collect after this but 3 months and I'm about done with it. Just a few more achievements to go.

Far Cry 5 is coming out soon single player. If you liked 3 or 4 expect to like 5.

Hex likes this.
  6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Well-Known Member

If you want a solid F2P title, that looks pretty, has a long grind if you want to completely avoid any pay structure and requires a decent amount of skill at higher levels, have a look at War Thunder.

There is a "premium" that you can buy, but there are always 50% discounts for it 2 or 3 times a year. It's only really useful in the higher tiers when grinding for a Tier IV or higher tank (I don't play with the plane side of things really).

Their Dagor engine is getting another overhaul shortly too and it's looking pretty impressive.

7. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

It's not out on PC yet (tentatively due out this Autumn), but I am having a blast with Monster Hunter: World. I never expected to like it as, let's be honest, some of the hardcore fans of the franchise are kind of off-putting with how seriously they take it. The game itself though is fun and really silly! :hehe: It also scores bonus points if you like cats! Worth keeping on your radar, hopefully a lot of the really weird UX choices they made will have been patched out by the time it hits PC. They've already started working on some with the update coming next week.

8. nimbu

nimbu Well-Known Member

The division, with the latest patches Ubisoft have really turned it around. There has also been a huge influx of refugees from Destiny 2 that were disappointed.

The reddit community is actually a really nice place.

daveypro likes this.
  9. daveypro

daveypro Member

What Nimbu said, 100%

10. nimbu

nimbu Well-Known Member

Conversly if you are a glutton for punishment or possibly hate yourself: Rust

Be prepared for a super toxic enviroment, lots of death and naked people running around.

I have a real love hate relationship with the game. Given how hard it is, I personally get a real sense of satisfaction that my base is still standing or when I manage to kill the guy that tried to jump me (usually a fluke).

11. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Morse Monkey

I pretty much lost all interest & faith in the Battlefield franchise, slowly since BF3. Loved BFBC2 - multiplayer was well balanced, apart from spawn killing at times, which could have been patched out easily enough but wasn't. The rest of them have been steadily more 'meh' for me, and I've bought them all.

I'm a decent standard FPS player, far from crap, but I just get absolutely annihilated every 10 secs in BF1. It's just utterly frustrating and then becomes one big endless OODA loop where you change your loadout and play style in a vein attempt to live a little longer.

Unless you absolutely love watching respawn countdown timers, avoid BF1.

12. true_gamer

true_gamer Well-Known Member

Have to say, I don't play many games online, too many cheaters/hackers. So unless it's co-op, I only really buy games for the single player nowadays.

13. loftie

loftie Well-Known Member

Could give Guild Wars 2 a go. Base game is F2P now.