1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Games to Watch in 2008

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 2 Jan 2008.

1. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

spore is the one I'm waiting for

2. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I'm waiting for Spore

3. Major

Major Guest

Last edited by a moderator: 2 Jan 2008
  4. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

you couldve just posted the link to comic at the original site instead of stealing it...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/12/28

5. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

6. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan What's a Dremel?

Seconded! Hopefully SPORE will be fantastic!

7. HisInfernalMajesty

HisInfernalMajesty What's a Dremel?

GTA IV will probably come out on PC too, right? I mean San Adreas and Vice City came out on pc like 6 months(or maybe a bit more) later than the console versions. Considering I bought the ps2 just to play San Andreas, the ps3 is a much bigger investment and and I m not such a fan of consoles anyhow. So finally does anyone have the slightest idea of what the required specs might be for GTA IV (considering it uses the RAGE engine and so on)?

8. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

im sure it will be more than crysis, since its going to be a poorly done port if they do bring it over. (note the sarcasim)

9. naokaji

naokaji whatever

gta and crysis in the same sentence? hmm... that gives me a weird idea...

maybe they should just redo vice city with the crysis engine:jawdrop:

10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Robin Williams is a pretty massive gamer yeah, apparently a big fan of the Sim series of games and a close friend of Wil Wright.

11. hotdog

hotdog What's a Dremel?

The one I am really looking forward to is Project Origin - the true sequel to FEAR. It will kick ass.

12. Minifly3

Minifly3 What's a Dremel?

I'm looking forward to playing the new Grand Theft Auto IV. Also the new splinter cell if it lives up to it's predecessors will be taking a permanent place in my console.

13. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I love to look at all upcomming games that used all the cool and featurerich new game engines....

14. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Ok, so it's been almost 11 months to the day since Bit wrote this article, and we can be pretty sure of the games coming out in the next 30 days or so. I personally always enjoy looking back at prediction articles such as this and seeing if they got it right. I fondly recall an article in a 1996 gaming magazine about Max Payne being the one to look out for in 1997. It came out 4 years later. Therefore, let us look back upon Bit-Tech's "Games to Watch in 2008" and see if they lived up to the hype!

Clearly some of them did, the three sequals listed in the form of Far Cry 2, GTA 4 and Fallout 3 all did come out, and all were good!
    But of the rest? Of the "Something New" section, a resounding none of them made an appearance, of if they did they were so under the radar I never even noticed. And of the Vapourware section, DNF (almost obviously) has still shown no sign of appearing, where as Spore actually did come out! And was...... okay.

I personally think it's nearly impossible to judge these kind of things, as games never seem to come out on time, unless they're yet another EA sports game. What do you guys think?

Tags: Add Tags