1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Man, that makes me really want to see the Templars become more close combat than they are. They're so very much just a codex marine chapter with a few added extras and more taken away than they're given.

I do like power of the machine spirit vindicators though..

2. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

I just realised that Landraiders have gone up to £45! Predators to £35! and bunch of other space marine stuff. Werent GW going not going to increase prices for 2012?
    I was going to do a black templars army, but i think i'll just stick with warhammer fantasy now.

Anyway I spent around £160 on 105 skaven models to assemble a quick 1000 point army!

3. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

Scaven are cool , only thing that puts me off is you have to paint up a lot of small models to grt a reasonable 1000 point army, the scaven doom bell is one of my favourite gw models....

So quick update on the ironblaster , main model is just about done i just need to paint up a the little gnoblar driver and an animal skin that goes over the front of the cannon... its taken me about 8 evenings to get it this far.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 23 Jun 2012
  4. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Well we had the first price rise last year and then the most recent one was the remaining items that had not been increased.

Iron blaster is looking really good phil.

Should be the 6th edition prieview today (saturday) in gw stores.

5. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

6th edition has been orderd. Damn thats one cool looking iron blaster phil

6. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

7. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

Does this new 6th edition mean there will be a new 40k starter box set? (The two armys and rule book set)

Was planning on buying one to so I can learn some rules but no point now it seems.

8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Probably.

Local GW manager was saying it could be dark angels, based on the name of one of the new green paints.

9. philheckler

Thanks - i just replaced the pics in my earlier post with some better ones...

love those grots , always had a weakness for green skinned creatures...

10. liratheal

Rumours slate the new starter box (Dark Angels/Chaos marines - Further supported by the WD spine images being a dark angel, and the very same dark angel being on the collectors edition cover) for September.

Presumably so people don't get two armies and the rulebook for 80 as oppose to the rulebook for at least 45 :p

I suspect the digital edition of the rulebook will be out at the same time.

That iron blaster looks lovely Phil, glad it was of use to you! :p

11. philheckler

Yeah , cheers lira , it was the one big ogre model that really wasn't on my shopping list but in the end it turned out to be the most enjoyable model i've tackled so far...

12. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Right then, now Natwest seem to have fixed some issues, I am off to pre-order my copy of the 6th edition. Just need to work out what version to go for....

13. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

The decision was easy for me, the standard one means I can get more models.

Anyone looking to swap any eldar stuff for tau? I'm starting eldar i think.

14. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Ordered the gamer's edition. I was going to go for the collector's one as i am not much of a gaming type but they sold out in a day and a half so missed it.

15. philheckler

Had a horrible hangover today so i've been plodding on the aop board..

Added some brown flock to the rocks..

[​IMG]

Then i spent a few painfull hours drybrushing all the ground and picking out the little stones ,then added some static grass patches , the green really starts bringing life to the board , will also add green flock / static grass / clumps to the flat spots on the rocks ,ive got a bunch of woodland scenics stuff coming off ebay (much much cheaper than hobbycraft)

im going to use the gnoblars that were part of the scraplauncher model (this is the alternative biuld to the ironblaster) up on the cliffs around the little cave ...

one thing i need to do is find some small triangular bits of slate in my garden so i can add the 'maw' teeth around the slaughtermasters pit (slaughter master is my next purchase) , still need to pick up some empire bitz ( human arms / legs / head / torso etc for gore) still loads to do..

anyway here's a pic of the board as it is tonight with all the models slotted.

[​IMG]

16. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

The board looks awesome Phil, it looks finished from the photo, I was surprised to see you say loads to do. :p

17. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

It will be interesting to see how the new rules effect all the current armies, as it will likely affect what to buy for a army.

I was going to pre-order but may just go down on the day and pick up a copy from the store.

18. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

A back after moving house :) have got some painting done will post it up tomorrow for you all :)

Also i pre ordered the Gamer's edition fo the new rulebook. as I have got my GF into it and we want the book and I want the bag for personal use as it looks awesome :)

19. liratheal

Looking great Phil!

Finally started working on the titan again. It's pretty much done, build wise. Filling, filing, and then to painting we go. And yes, that dred is the one under the titans foot. I'll be shaping the ground to look like a wet muddy field, with the dred in water.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. philheckler

Its a pity to squash that and hide that nurgle dread , such a nice looking model........ love the way the claw has been painted - so organic looking...

So im looking for some opinions , the pit on the platform in the centre of my board is suppposed to be a representation of the great maw that the ogre slaughtermaster feeds hunks of meat (like sacifices to a crude idol) so i've now been to the local source of hobby slate (ie the border in my garden) and found some nice traingle shaped pieces and roughly set them around the hole... so im in a bit of two minds how to finish off the teeth...

first option is to leave then as they are.
    2nd option which i quite like is paint them boltgun metal use washes etc and make them look like beat up and rusty chips of metal...
    3rd option paint the stone chips to look similar to the stone on the rest of the board...

opinions ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]