1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

well if we can figure out how much points-wise people can bring we can ( hopefully ) work out 2 roughly equal teams and get something pencilled in

so get them books out lads ( no not THOSE books ) doesnt matter if you have 1k or 100k we can try to get something worked out once we know who has what, who wants to turn up etc

2. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

Sorry guys , no way can I find time to get to Nottingham from south wales at the mo ( even though id like to ) also im a painter not a player ( never rolled a dice on the tabletop in my life) ..

3. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

^ no worries man, your still welcome even if you dont intend to play. I was just hoping for a Bit-Tech banter group while playing a match

and WHW isnt set in stone either, it just seemed a good place to start

Anyone else got any recommendations ?

also in painting up my Iron Hands, im really REALLY dreading Transfers >_<

Last edited: 28 Mar 2015
  4. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Aside from gaming clubs their are not many ideal venues, unless you hire out a village hall for the day etc- more points the longer it will take.

Skitarii codex is similar to Militarum Tempestus, a full Mechanicus codex will follow later on this year- Marines/Eldar/Tau are being linked with codex's.

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

God I hate white!

Trying to do a bit of primer touch up on my nids which were sprayed on the sprue, so it's painting over white, and it's still a pain the backside.

Hoping this new can of white primer I got from Boyes today is going to be good, else I can see myself giving up on nids again and leaving them in the box for another 6 months, :D.

Changed my paint scheme to make it easier, so instead of primer, iyandun, flesh wash, bubonic brown, bleached bone, on the flesh, it's now just good white primer, plenty of devlan brown wash, done (maybe a little highlighting with bleached bone if I can manage it).
    Should make painting up what I've got left a bit more bearable, :D, and it looks just as good if not better.

6. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

Working on a trukk at the moment which i got cheap off eaby sealed in the box , first vehicle kit ive ever tackled and it was a bit of a bitch to put together , particularly getting the orc driver to fit in the drivers seat was very tricky. Assembly instructions were rubbish.

7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus Rule #9

It's no use, I just can't get it out of my head:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I don't know why but none of the Mechanicum models I've seen so far have really looked like Mechanicum to me. Although to be honest, I'm not sure myself what I think Mech stuff should look like, :D

I'd like to read some more Mechanicum based books, read Mechanicum, anyone got some recommendations for other books?

9. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Well-Known Member

I am liking the slightly similar theme to some of the Necron units, loving the crossover, especially with the new walker.

I don't know if they're running the fluff that way that indicates that the Machine God is a C'Tan as per the original Necron rulebook, but I hope so.

Also, the new Thanatar.... hnnnnnngg, want.

10. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Point in case:

[​IMG]

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The rules for that thing alone make me want it.

12. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

The current model release is just Skitarri which are only one part of the mechanicum, if you combine them all together the look would be quite varied.

Forge of Mars is the Priests/Lords/Gods books about the Cult Mechanicus (not yet read but are recommended highly to me), also theirs the new book Adeptus Mechanicus: Skitarius that has come with the release, Titanicus for titan legions is very good.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/adeptus-mechanicus

Eldar are next up- new jet bikes/autarch etc- talk of a new SM codex this year as well.

Last edited: 13 Apr 2015
  13. liratheal

has, er, no one seen the Warlord?

I want a Warlord.

14. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Oh lawd, cannot wait to see the price on that thing :D

I got my Raging Heroes models the other day and I have to say I'm extremely impressed with the quality of them!

Please excuse the crappy photo. This is Cruz, Raven and my trust battered heavy plasma gun Escher Heavy.

[​IMG]

15. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

2 Warlords in the video, no pricing as of yet but out first half of this year- Reaver body is £438 +2 arms at £55 and another £55 for the missile carapace that's £603.
    Warlord is probably going to be over £600 on the body alone, add in guns and probably be over a £1000.

16. liratheal

I'm betting closer to £800 in body, £60 for the shoulder guns, £80-100 for the main arm guns.

17. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus Rule #9

18. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Just as long as they don't look like those grinning spandex skeletons in the video, :D

19. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

4 new plastic assassins, (rest are old models) 1 chaos lord, 3 chaos warriors and 15 cultists in a box set with board/rules for £75, the assassins are due to be released on their own afterwards.

20. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus Rule #9

That's OK, the assassin models have always been fairly decent.

Which reminds me, must try and pick up this guy at some point:

[​IMG]