1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I would imagine that a trio of Redemptors with the HOC would help to make a dent in Lilgoths Tyranid forces...

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Random question to all;

What are your 2 least liked miniatures in whatever range you play/collect/like?

There are some amazing minis in the GW ranges, but some are just downright terrible.

For me, I think it's got to be these two picks...

The Vespid
    [​IMG]

Revamped Necron Flayed Ones. The originals were just a thousand times better.
    [​IMG]

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

A preview image for the upcoming Codex: Space Marines shows off some new models coming out for the Primaris Marines, including a new Chaplain, Apothecary, Heavy Troopers (?) and plasma-wielding Intercessors. All of them look pretty darn nice!

[​IMG]

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

From the Orks, the Wartrakk:

Wartrakk.jpg
    That is a model that is in serious need of updating, orks just don't look like that anymore and the detail is seriously lacking on the trakk itself.
    Almost as bad is the Warbuggy:
    Warbuggy.jpg
    Still love the buggy model itself, it has been the base of many mad racing buggy builds but again the crew...

Getting onto the marines, we have the scouts:
    scouts.jpg
    Still like the models in the main, however, they need some serious attention on how they fit together and the heads are just the very definition of derp (which is why I swapped them for the Scion heads with helmets.

That'll do for now, I am sure that there are more, I'll have another think or two.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

*cracks knuckles*

Off the top of my head...

Ragnar Blackmane and his 2e star jump pose...
    Njall in Power Armour, also in the 2e star jump pose...
    the current Wulfen models

Guilliman

Kroot Hounds

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I quite like the model with the helmetted version, rather than the blondie head. To each their own!

Yeah, the Wartrakk stuff was back from the ol' GorkaMorka days... that was a while ago!

7. Almightyrastus

That's one of the reasons why I still like the buggy so much. During Gorkamorka there were some great add on parts made for it like the rokkit buggy variant. 800px-Gorkamorka_Rokkit_Buggy.jpg

8. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Hated painting the 2nd edition Goffs and Gretchen.
    Not because they were challenging or bad models, there were just so many of them......

9. RedFlames

My main problem with it is the pose... that and, and i know GW figures are hardly bastions of accuracy in this regard, the fact it looks like it was sculpted by someone without even a passing familiarity with anatomy or proportions.

I'd rather have the FW Guilliman.

10. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Well, we now have images of the new 10-man squad of Reivers and the new Aggressors;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

First games of First Strike done and dusted.

Being the plague marines is tough.
    The Primaris marines are just woefully over powered in comparison.
    The Reivers are close combat murderers (pistol shots in melee range for the shooting phase and then so many dice for the fighting phase).
    The Plague marines are hardy as hell but only supercharged plasma shots or a lucky blight launcher shot will make a kill.
    Poxwalkers ain't worth the plastic they are made of, they literally are fodder to slow down the Reivers but get chewed up by rapid fire from the Interceptors.

It feels unbalanced for introducing new folk to the game but it is a fair amount of fun for returning players.

12. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Is it just me, or would the new aggressor model make for an awesome Orrus Spyrer?

[​IMG]

13. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

£40 for the new Dread... holy poop

14. [ZiiP] NaloaC

The more Primaris units that are being released, the more they grow on me. I might just get a few boxes for the laugh.

The Redemptor is pricey (surprise, surprise...) but it is a nice looking piece and it is quite big in size. The front armour covering the sarcophagus opens up as well.

This is the new Chaplain, which is up there with the Terminator Chaplain for me in terms of good looking units!
    [​IMG]

New Apothecary (meh, never really liked them anyway):
    [​IMG]

It looks like the Repulsor Tank can also get the Heavy Onslaught Cannon as an option instead of the twin-linked lascannons (and can carry Aggressors):
    [​IMG]

15. Almightyrastus

Ooooo, liking that chaplain. On a par with this one for me:

terminator chaplain.jpg

The apothecary looks a bit too Age of Sigmar for me, especially with that bald head and the magnifying lenses. Quite like the pistol thingy but I don't get why he would be stepping on a fallen brother...

16. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I really like bits of that Terminator Chaplain, but it has too many purity seals and reliquaries. Much prefer the older TC, menacing lookin' bugger (though the head could be a smidge smaller)!
    [​IMG]

I think the idea of the Apothecary standing on the fallen brother is that he's just removed the gene-seed from the body (primary purpose of the pistol supposedly).

17. RedFlames

Looks what's in his hand, now look at the gaping hole in the fallen marine's neck...

18. Almightyrastus

Oh yeah, I know exactly what he is doing there and why they do what they do with dead marines. It just seems a little odd that he would be standing on the corpse of someone who he would have regarded as a brother - especially with the whole 'honoured dead' thing that the marines have going on. The reductor he is carrying has a frame on the end to brace the tool removing the need for extra holding down and I would have thought that the weight of a 7' marine in a ton of power armour would have held him down pretty well too.

If it were a guardsman then meh, those guys are just meat and it would have been understandable.

19. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

My least two favourite models has to be the Ork Kommandos:
    [​IMG]
    The nob looks pretty cool, but the others are a bit monopose with the knife and pistols held the way they are.

Other pick - the new space marine scouts for the same reasons as Almightyrastus.

20. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Least favouite model i think is the Bio-Titan from FW
    i dont really like its spindly little legs and pretty much fixed pose, there would be no realistic way it could support its own weight ( and the model seldom does ) my friends bio titan was left in his conservatory in the summer while he was moving stuff around and the heat softened the resin to the point where it flopped off the cabinet, fell 5 and half feet, and pretty much smashed on the floor he ended up inserting a perspex rod into its belly so the weight wouldnt be on its legs

second worst model...
    its a toss up between the Basilisk ( due to the Derpy gun shield ) i Eventually plan to fix this with 3d printed parts to either full enclose the vehicle or convert it to a Hummel style gun shield
    and any of the Flying Potato's the Marines call Aircraft...

Also a disHonourable mention goes to the Carnifex...
    i REALLY like this model ( i have 12 ) but i WOULD NOT recommend buying one currently as the molds have degraded terribly and they are a nightmare to get everything lined up these days