1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

that would be awesome! havent really played since a kid and im looking to get back in to it. I live near leeds, sheffield, huddersfield area if anyone is around ?

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

in the Midlands,and i dont drive, so it might cause some problems... as might my 'heavy' use of proxies for certain armies if we went to somewhere like Warhammer World..
    but im pretty sure i could pull out my Tau / Tyranids to a respectable level if you folks were interested in a meetup there

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

4. lilgoth89

interesting how the Warhound has been absent thus far....

i wonder if the FW knights will also get a look in...

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Aw **** that looks ****in awesome.

6. lilgoth89

also disappointing that Titanicus looks to be set in the HH, so no Ork / Eldar titans... ( hopefully they change this )

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Well, they do state "Horus Heresy... for now" so there is some hope. I'm guessing it's down to the uptake of initial sales to see whether they will sink the resources into expanding it in future.

8. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Looks like more Nighthaunts for me to get (just after I bought a box of "Let's collect! Skeleton Horde" to bolster the lack of Nighthaunt troop options :wallbash: )

9. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I should imagine that FW will pick up the slack on other races in the same way that they have been doing with the specialized stuff for Necromunda and Blood Bowl. Not ideal I know as they will be mail order only for most people and not be the cheapest of things.

10. liratheal

I'd expect Titanicus to evolve quite well army wise - I doubt there's going to be much 'new' story telling outside of the existing settings. I'd hope GW are going to plastic all the mini-titans for other races, rather than FW, because the quality difference is often so stark on the table top that it's a little .. Eh, to have mix and match in a scale where the small details are kind of a blur anyway IMO.

11. lilgoth89

i hope so, and i hope that FW doesnt have to step in to fill the gaps, everyone says if its FW just go to a recaster... but ive heard bat things about some recasters

12. Almightyrastus

Yeah, I ahve had a couple of bits in the past from recasters and the quality really is hit and miss. Not just in the quality and integrity of the casting, but also the resin quality. FW resin really is fantastic stuff, ok so they may have issues sometimes with warping and fitment, but as for working with the resin, it really is great stuff. Some of the resins that I have seen out there are brittle, hard, really noxious and irritating. I worked at FW when they first started doing the tank turrets, so almost at the start, and the resin back then was not great, it yellowed, continued to harden to the point of chipping, and so on, but they did things properly and sorted it.

The problem that will always be had with FW is the price and that is simply because everything is hand sculpted, moulded, and poured. For the volumes that they make, there isn't really any other way for them without MASSIVE investment which will probably never pay off.

13. liratheal

They are doing more CAD these days - The last event-y thing I went to the FW lot were designing in CAD for a lot of things.

I expect the single figure pieces (Primarchs, for example) are still hand sculpted but yeah. Seemed like GW was rolling their CAD design down to troops rather than just the Warlord.

Still, the volume they move, they likely can't afford to charge less and still make it worthwhile (Coughkeepinvestorshappycough), like you say.

I had a few recasters bits. They weren't the worst. But the hassle of sorting everything out after the fact was eh. Can't be arsed.

14. lilgoth89

well i picked up a set of Autocannons from FW, and they were twisted beyond use, using the hot water i tried bending them back, but they snapped

15. lilgoth89

Also Titanicus. the Video game is coming out
    hopefully similar to the tabletop edition... looks interesting

might pick this up as well

16. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So
    Much
    Want

17. Almightyrastus

Yup, those are some proper big boys

18. lilgoth89

Renegade is also coming back, which is nice as apparently they are going to be cheaper than buying two knights... so i might add an extra ( legal ) knight or two
    Also with knights coming to Titanicus, i might be able to have full size battles of Titanicus once i enslave my 3d printer

19. lilgoth89

also kinda disapointed that the Renegade box contains the chunk of scenery that drives up the price of the box, and a chunk of scenery i will never use ( mostly due to me printing my terrain )

20. lilgoth89

this weekend most 40k games are on Steam sale...
    Titanicus is alot cheaper than i thought it would be
    Gothic Armada 2 is 10% off beta acsess ( or 25% off if you own Battlefleet Gothic Armada 1 )

Almightyrastus likes this.