1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus Rule #9

I have long been saying that if they want to save money on production by doing limited runs, given the costs associated with molds I can see the point in doing it, then pre-production orders would be the fairest way of doing it. Time limit those orders for a month or two, get the money in, work out how many molds needed and then run the production and ship the sets out a couple of months later. Everyone who wants them gets them and they don't overspend on production.

Of course, limiting the number available to any one order would also be a good thing, but they've already shown that they don't give much of a care about the ethics of dealing with their fans, just that they sell lots as fast as possible.

I still want individual frames to be available through mail order though, like we used to be able to do.

liratheal likes this.
  2. Midlight

Midlight New Member

Papa Smurf was poisoned and put in stasis. Cawl of the mechanicus, after taking 10,000 years on the last task Rowboat gave him, turned up with magic armour and an Eldar witchy type. They sort of killed him and brought him back to life. The armour helped for a bit now he's fine.
    The Emps is stable, no change for a while. Still not quite dead or alive.
    There was a bunch of campaign book that have the recent history in.
    If you liked fantasy, there is bad news. If you're indiferent about it its 'meh' news. It got killed off and replaced by AoS. Simplified rules, fairly enjoyable. Millions of elves.

liratheal and MadGinga like this.
  3. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Thanks for the summary!

I miss my dwarves :(

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus Rule #9

And everything got a name change...

No more "Dwarves", now they are "Duardin" and there are 3 different types including some steampunk fly boys.

MadGinga likes this.
  5. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Well then they can F right off then cant they?!
    Can't say that I've seen any fantasy miniatures that I like recently; the gyrocopters are an abomination...

6. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus Rule #9

Oh, and to build off that last post, orcs are now Orruks, Giants = Gargants, Ogres = Ogors, Elves = Aelves, Trolls = Troggoths, Lizardmen = Seraphon.

There are some fun models in the fantasy stuff still, the new goblin (Gloomspite Gitz) range has some fun stuff, something that I feel has been sadly lacking in GW's recent offerings, everything has been all serious all war all the time can't have fun just fight sort of stuff.

MadGinga likes this.
  7. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

yeah GW have been on abit of a warpath recently regarding names, basically because the older terms are too generic for them to hold the copyright to the name

Almightyrastus likes this.
  8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Well-Known Member

9. Pete J

Pete J Working from home?

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Aye, that has what it takes to be my favourite chaplain.

11. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

the thing is i REALLY want to hate the Primaris stuff for making the Vanilla marines obselete...

but Dang if it doesnt look good, ( though reports are that basically everything is monopose )

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I can definitely understand the distaste for Primaris.

I think I'd get on board with the distaste if "normal" marines were made obsolete. Which is something I can see GW doing at some stage.

I'd wager a couple of years of fluff and better rules, and the new normal will be Primaris. Then I'd expect GW to relegate the then classic marines to the history books.

For me it's nice to see updates to the Marine line when previously the updates were... "Here's the same models but now in twenty parts instead of six!" with only, really, the advances in production providing the means to make stuff look cleaner. An advance in the fluff, something I've no doubt been banging on for years about, and that being reflected in the changing models is cool. IMO.

13. gilljoy

gilljoy Well-Known Member

Wow it looks like the box is sold out at darksphere already.

I guess I'll have to buy from GW to be safer about getting one.