1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Hobby update
    Mars 3 arrived yesterday, few niggles in the design, but nothing i cant fix
    mainly the lack of adjustable rubber feet, a handle for the UV cover would also be a good thing to include ( im certainly going to be printing one as i have for the OG mars and the cleaning station ) will report back once i fire it up and get some test prints off it ( which will take a while as im planning to be moving the printing setup out of the back bedroom and into the Garage ) have a fairly LONG list of parts to re-print, mainly the Armour panels for the Warlord Titan, the Reaver Carapace armour, Cherno's upper body might get re-printed in one piece as well at some point

also now the owner of an airbrush, it made base coating my whole BFG fleet a doddle

[ZiiP] NaloaC and Pete J like this.
  2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Cool stuff. Looking forward to see what sort of prints you come up with this time.

I need to get back into using my airbrush. I have a really nice Revell Flex dual action brush that I never use. I need to pick up some hose adapters and get back to practicing with it. Could do with a compressor that has a tank as well.

3. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

yeah i was advised to get the tank+ compressor combo unit on amazon, its treated me well so far, havent really done anything crazy with it, but i imainge in the long run it will be MUCH cheaper than rattle cans

liratheal and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Smells better, too, if you use the Vallejo primer.

In the strangest blast from the past - Anyone remember my first LED Stormblade? From like.. Nearly a decade ago?

I sold it a while back, a long while back, and RM "lost" it - Well, it resurfaced; https://thetrolltrader.com/collecti...oducts/arkurian-pattern-stormblade-conversion

It's had a paintjob (Not a very good one IMO..) since then, but the casting bubbles and the battery slot are all my work.

[​IMG]

Good to know it's still out there!

[ZiiP] NaloaC and Pete J like this.
  5. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I don't know whether it's a hint of what's to come, but I dropped Sega/Creative a note the other week asking after something separate, but in which I also wondered whether they'd considered a Heresy-era Total War. The response was that they couldn't confirm anything further - not sure whether to read between the lines on this, but would be good news if something was in the pipeline!

6. liratheal

Does anyone play Stormground and not have the Spoils of War weapon pack?

Got a freebie Steam code that I've no use for

7. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

8. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Out of interest, does anyone play Blood Bowl? Or have any old teams for sale?

9. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

I like a game every now and then. I quite like it as a casual game and find it gets less fun if someone takes it too seriously.
    A few weeks ago I was having a game, my skaven vs necromantic horror. My rat ogre, failing animal savagery rolls, did more damage to my team than all the other players on the pitch. It was absolutely hilarious.

10. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Ha! It does apparently produce moments like that! I did want to get hold of a skaven team but I think you've just put me off...

I'm currently 1-0 down at half time versus two ten year olds (one of whom incidentally was only introduced to the game last night and is running rings around me with the rules, even though he's never read them) and I've only got eight people left on the field. And the sprinklers have gone off.

Box teams, I'm humans against the orcs. One of the opposing coaches has decided the game is well in hand and gone off to make blue waffles (don't ask).

11. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Skaven are a good team, ridiculously fast though do go down to a stiff breeze. The gutter runners cause many issues for opposing coaches. It was just the rat ogre and my dice rolling coming together for great hilarity that day.
    I do like the orcs as a team, nice and simple bash as many players as you can and don't worry too much about the ball. I've not really used humans much, though they do seem like a jack-of-all-trades sort of team.
    A few months back my youngest (7) expressed an interest in trying it. Orcs (me) vs Skaven. By half time I was 2-0 down and hadn't managed to do much in the way of damage to his players. Then he wandered off as something more interesting came up, denying me the chance of revenge. These things happen but, it's all fine unless you take it seriously like some of the competition players.

12. Almightyrastus

Ooo, Blood Bowl, now there some fun. Not played in ages though, ever since I managed to get a quick game with one of the writers when the previous version to the current one came out. I have a few teams that I have been working my way though though:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Gotta love those Greenskinz...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That last Wood Elf team is an old metal team that I have also managed to dig out a star player and 4 cheerleaders for. The Treeman is the old metal Durthu model rather than a Blood Bowl one, and there's a cheeky little ref at the back too.

[ZiiP] NaloaC, ModSquid and Pete J like this.
  13. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Nah...no room for the "S" word in this house! I think the small people are more mature than the adults anyway. Sometimes we even swap teams halfway through just to see how the other side plays, but I think we'll have to can that particular approach once (if?) we manage to kick off our league. At this point, cost is the main barrier to variety - otherwise we might try and put more than one team in per person just to make things interesting.

That must have felt like a defining moment! Can you lay claim to having influenced any of the rule rewrites through playtesting?
    That is also some seriously impressive brushwork on display, bud. Props indeed. The faces on some of those Orcs look straight from a GW page (or Golden Demon, if you can remember that far back).

14. Almightyrastus

Hehe, nah, it was just a friendly game at the Nottingham city centre store when the game was re released. Lent him my orc team and I used my old wood elves. Ended up losing 1-0 but still fun.

As for the painting, thank you, much appreciated. Bit of a secret though, the faces and skin was so easy that they almost painted themselves. Base white then washed with Agrax Earthshade wash, then washed with Biel Tan Green wash. Pick out the eyes and teeth with a bit of nuln oil washed into the mouth and that’s it. No highlights or even much in the way of paint.

15. liratheal

Well, only..

A lot left to go.
    [​IMG]

Although this one is for ebay.

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

This seems like a good thread to ask as some of you are into 3D printing...

What do you chaps think of the ELEGOO Mars 2 Mono?

[​IMG]

I've been keeping an eye on it and it is now exceptionally cheap. Also, are there any recommended accessories? I've been contemplating setting up a little 'UV hut' to help post curing, as well as an isopropyl bath , for example. Maybe even some acetone for smoothing.

FYI I have a background in additive manufacturing, but at the high performance end rather than the cheap DIY stuff most hobbyists are into.

Goatee likes this.
  17. liratheal

IME the cost of making your own UV curing station if you don't already have the requisite parts lying around isn't that far off just buying a plug'n'play one, I'd probably just buy one if I was in the market for one these days.

I won't say much, though, I'm sure @lilgoth89 will be along to drop a 3D printing knowledge bomb!

Pete J likes this.
  18. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I fell out of love with GW as my gaming group grew apart / split up and went our separate ways. I still regularly play Bloodbowl 2 on pc (500+ hours).

Any interest in a Bit-tech Bloodbowl 2 league on PC?

19. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Stop right there - it sounds like you're thinking what I've been hoping...

I was after printing my own teams or reluctantly buying official ones, but there are only four of us so at the six extra teams we might need (to get two each), that's about £120. That Mars printer is about £130/140ish but I've no idea about materials or even templates. Or anything 3D, in fact!

Yours might be the answer, but only if it's not too serious. I've got it, but also never played it, so there will be a learning curve for me, plus times would need to be quite flexible due to commitments, but not impossible as we used to do Games Thursdays. I might be able to rope a couple more of us in too.

I've also never run a league, so am just an enthusiastic (clueless) amateur, but other than all that, I'd be in!

I've seen some rules sites for leagues and a recent one I read dealt with players who play to lose (or just quit) to avoid getting their teams bashed up, affecting later league games. It sounded like they just sit on the ball in their own end. I don't think I'd be interested if it got to that stage, I'd just be after a bit of a laugh with patient opposition.

20. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I'm going to give this a go. I'll post an embarrassing photo once I have, to show how I got on.