1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Nice, liking that Vulture's cannon. Looks like a good slow rate of fire thump-thump sort of gun.

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

OH GOD-EMPEREOR YES!

Almightyrastus likes this.
  3. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

[​IMG]
    Did some more work on the Bandblade Big Turret, re-profiled the hull as well to

Almightyrastus and Pete J like this.
  4. lilgoth89

Decided my Valk could use an upgrade

Almightyrastus and Cerberus90 like this.
  5. Almightyrastus

Finally got this fella delivered, only took 3 months to get shipped 20 mins down the road...

Quite an enjoyable paint as well, i do like painting Orks and Templars were one of my first SM armies. There are a few bits and pieces that I might go back and tweak a little, the red seal banner on his back could use a little more and I might pick out a few more edges, but for now, pretty happy.

[​IMG]

MightyBenihana, Pete J and liratheal like this.
  6. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Think I am doing something wrong in Vampire Survivors. I have not had one a run longer than 13 minutes :worried:

8. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

Thats a no from me, the Dread looks decent, but WHAT ON EARTH are those missile launchers....

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

They remind me of the guns from some 90s era film based on a cruise ship that gets overtaken by some big squid thing.

10. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

And good luck getting a stoppage on what look like belt-fed mini-rocket launchers...

Also, what's the strategy behind sticking an apparent close combat dreadnought with a long range heavy weapons unit? At least it has a viewing port, so you can peer in and check that Brother Johnny's not too bored sitting all the way at the back out of the action.

11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

As pointed out elsewhere, they look like they're about to fire t-shirts into the enemy... not rockety death.

12. Almightyrastus

That is exactly it for me. I quite like the weapons themselves, kinda funky. It is just the feeling that as they are going to be indirect fire weapons, the design brief was too obviously "make them look like they only fire indirectly" and as such they are all pointing them up at the sky.

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I thought the designers were being subjected to Commando on repeat when I saw the Compensator Squad

14. Almightyrastus

Finally managed to grab one of these guys:

[​IMG]

I wanted one when they came out, but it was yet another jump-though-hoops FOMO thing where you got one with an order that was over £150 between a couple of dates. Stuff that...

The thing now is that I really want to go mad on the kitbashing thing with it, but as it is a special edition, I kinda want to keep it stock... I have some other bits on the way that I am going to be playing around with. One part of which is the power fist from the new MK6 heresy set. If that was a left hand fist I would be slapping it on straight away, but it is a right hand one and I prefer the pistol there, I do have the left hand power fist from the assault primaris guys on the way as well, but it doesn't look as nice as the MK6 one, that has some really nice details on the fingers.

Pete J likes this.
  15. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

The Almightycastus!

Almightyrastus likes this.
  16. Almightyrastus

Haha, that never twigged with me. I have a little more hair and am definitely more Ork in proportions, but it would certainly be cool to make a "me "model at sometime.

17. lilgoth89

[​IMG]
    starting to warm up enough to get printing again, so i made my Wide turret baneblade

the tracks are in very rough shape, and i am contemplating stripping all the paint off at some point, but the re-profiled hull and turret are a marked improvement IMO

18. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

19. Almightyrastus

So I thought I would finally get around to tidying up my old sprues and bits...:

[​IMG]

Those are just some of the Space Marine parts, still got the body and arm parts to sort through, plus any other weapons, shoulderpads, and heads that I find. Going to be having some fun with the old kitbashing with this little lot....

Pete J and liratheal like this.
  20. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm still painting, working on a Blood Angels heresy army for ebay, and my god do I still hate painting troops.

[​IMG]

There's sixteen more marines that need the top coat of red, then there's nine more terminators that need it, and out of shot are a Spartan, Predator, and Contemptor that are the 'finish the troops' motivation.Been working on them every "milestone" of troop painting, so they're progressing but mostly just looking more fun than the troops.