1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Thing is with titans on the field, a army of say 100 units of guard get wiped out in a single shot, supreme commander style could work but it would be the last tier/end game unit.

I dont think relic will ever go that big into a rts- there still in love with the coh style of small tactical units.

2. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

FUUUU---

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Anyone want Commander Cullens shoulder pads?

Forge World resin things, Red Scorpions.

4. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Thought ile ask here before going to ebay ive got 3 boxes of sealed marines that i want to sell, 2 tactial squads which are the old marines where 18 pound each -current ones are 23 and a box of assult terminators which are the current ones just the old box art current price is 28, think i paid 24 for them.

5. liratheal

Tempting as that is, I can't take you up on any of it I'm afraid!

Forge World's Commander Cullen re-purposed as a Black Templar Marshall:

[​IMG]

The entire squad has had the Black Templar shoulder pad upgrade (also Forge World), they and all the troops need repainting ASAP. So much to do, so little time!

6. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

A nice conversion on the lord, the red scorpion librarian looks very nice.

I need to decide on my colour scheme, as im thinking possibly white helmets black/yellow/purple bodies prehaps.

Though cant seem to settle on something, which i need to as i need the army painted and practice in before GT.

7. dave_salmon

dave_salmon What's a Dremel?

8. liratheal

That's a lot of OOP stuff, dude!

Bit more progress on the Marshall, and some progress on the Squad 1 repaint.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. dave_salmon

dave_salmon What's a Dremel?

liratheal, you are a git. I see your termis and it makes me want to buy some just to paint! You are being bad for my wallet here!

Love the models though man. You have probably said this already but whats the target points value? As in, when you get to it, you will be reasonably happy?

Mine was sub-apoc but I think I might end up ebaying a pylon or two to bump in to apoc games...

10. liratheal

It's at 3k at the moment, but I'm repainting the majority of it - The crusader squads - and reworking my Marshall, since he looked really.. "normal" terminator-y.

11. liratheal

[​IMG]

Three of the crusader squads as they stand.

They'll all be taking the same design on the back of their rhino on their shoulder pads - Red, red border on white, white with black border.

12. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

What does everyone think of the storm of magic release, all the bits are online now on the GW site.

13. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

I shall have to have a look later. I am supposed to be calling into the local GW on Sunday for a game, so I will look then. Finished the Beastlord, just gotta touch up a thing or two, so I'll post pics later on.

As an aside, does anyone know of a good model for Belial, the Deathwing Independent Character. I'm not afraid of a little conversion work, so if anyone knows of a good model, plz let me know. Thx

14. liratheal

Scibor miniatures?

Looks pretty nice. Will need some cleaning up and modification to fit GW stuff, though, but with sufficient work, the SF Knight Templar looks to be a strong candidate for Marshall.

..Yes, I realise I've modified and am in the process of painting Commander Cullen, but that is my "fall back" plan if I can't get this one looking reasonably GW enough to get away with using it in store.

The Templar shields will be gorgeous when painted up and replacing the Storm Shields - Very much in keeping with the Black Templar fluff and style IMO. More so than the ForgeWorld ones.

15. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

But the BT's are so boring :/ All they are are Teutonic Knights of the 41st Millenium!

Word Bearer's all the way ;)

16. liratheal

I love my 41st Millennium Knights Templar!

I'm doing a Bretonnian army in Black Templar style >.>

As an aside, have you played any games with Black Templars? IMO they're the most entertaining SM army there is, where I am there are only three BT players, so no one is quite prepared for what is basically a turn delayed Rhino Rush >.>

Side note, pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Suitably wowed by those pics Lira, especially by the 1st and 3rd pictures

Pics of beastmen are on the way, but other RL issues are being a bit distracting at the moment so as soon as they are out of the way I'll let pplz know

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Scibor's designs are always good. It's a shame some seem to hate him for no good reason at all :( .

19. liratheal

[​IMG]

Marshall WIP.

Doesn't look it - Thankfully - But I've put a lot of work to put GW stuff in there to get it close to 50% GW, so I can get away with using it in store.

In the background are three of the command squad terminators - They've all been jazzed up with those shields above, which are soooo nice. I mean, really really nice.

BRAWL likes this.
  20. liratheal

Nearly there!

[​IMG]