1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News GameSpot loses another editor

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Feb 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Joe, everyone knows you're totally biased against every single game ever made for the simple reason they are, bar one, not Monkey Island 2.

j/k, we all love you really.

3. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

I'm actually glad that gamespot is going belly up! It shows that integrity is more important than money for once.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Yup - once integrity has publicly disappeared, no-one's really interested anymore tbh.

5. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Unfortunately I don't think marketing agencies even bother reading news on the market they are buying into so gamespot will continue to rake in the funds and just hire new staff. They might lose some readers but I bet a lot of their traffic comes from google.

6. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

I was never much of a reader of gamespot anyways, however even if they do find new staff to write articles then I feel them new staff will be bent over the way the manager desire them to be, their integrity has been diminished for me, not that I was an avid reader anyways, but am now at least 1 less reader.

7. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

It was one of my daily sites. Now it's not. I don't even listen to their podcast anymore. Cnet killed Gamespot, it sucks for the people working their, but as a consumer I can no longer support the site. It's a sinking ship so it makes sense that people are jumping overboard and trying to go somewhere else.

8. labsman

labsman Tech. hungry gadget freak!...

Early last year was the time i had bookmarked Gamespot for almost everyday read, but it wasn't long when J.G was fired, and i couldn't help it, just now another long time insider is stepping out... I was feeling bad about that since i found their game reviewing style much organized and better than others... With whats happening today, i think gamespot will soon loose its game review standards, reliability, and their solid credibility...

9. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Ouch. I was also (briefly) a daily visitor there prior to bit-tech, this is really a far cry from their outlook a few years ago.

10. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan What's a Dremel?

These writers who are leaving left right and centre should start up their own indi review site. Gamers, such as myself, will use these indi smaller review sites over the bigwigs. Hell, I haven't used IGN in almost 10 years now, ever since they covered their website in ads. And as for gamespot, all this news has tarnished my view of it big time.

So yeah. Go the indi websites! Never give up! Trust your instincts! Do a barrel roll! That's it fox! ^_^

11. darkpikachu

darkpikachu What's a Dremel?

I wouldn't trust IGN because it is owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation, the same company that owns Faux Noise. I have stopped using Gamespot, too. Cnet can't seem to draw a line between marketing and editorial.
    Ben

12. Naberius

Naberius What's a Dremel?

QFT, if they are willing to take the risk then they should feel the results. I have never really read many game reviews, i have always just used my instinct, it a game is going to be rubbish you can generally tell.

Tags: Add Tags