1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News GameStop pulls PC copies of Deus Ex from shelves

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Aug 2011.

1. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Gamestop is a joke for PC games, there selection is minimal at best even on there best days

2. E_Spaghetti

E_Spaghetti New Member

I wouldn't worry about gamestop's pc game sales.
    Their stores are a joke. Their selection is so small and poor. Gamestop needs to either put way more effort into pc games or get out.

3. E_Spaghetti

E_Spaghetti New Member

LOL Nice timing Beast!

4. digitaldave

digitaldave New Member

small minded biz practice that is only going to hurt one group of people.

the group of people who pay their wages.

I doubt they will last long playing silly games like this.

5. Steelez

Steelez Member

If they don't like the competition it's because they can't compete. I am sure they had the chance to offer something similar to the devs, besides I bet most the games are steam activated anyway,

6. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I was planning to buy DXHR in Gamestop because I wanted a physical copy of the game and because they tend to be the cheapest option for me with new releases.
    I checked the price with the guy behind the counter the other day, took a curious glance at the DXHR boxes on the shelf.

Went back earlier today to check what time they'd be open in the morning: 9am, cool. I'll be there. Noticed the strange absence of DXHR boxes on the shelf.

Got home, saw the news articles about GameStop pulling it from shelves.
    Bought the game on Steam. Doubt I'm the only one.

7. lp1988

lp1988 Well-Known Member

that would be just fine, they are in their good right to do what they want, and others are in their good right to not do the same. people would find out and it would hurt their own sales, car dealers are completely allowed to do what they want with the cars they sell, but only few people would by a car a place where they emptied the car for gass before you left the dealership. People would find a different place to shop or the car manufactures may decide that it isn't a place where they want their cars sold. and the store would die out. same with this.

but in the end there is no better way to promote online services than to not have the game in their stores.

8. SaNdCrAwLeR

SaNdCrAwLeR New Member

well Onlive is already established in Portugal, through the means of the "Meo Jogos" system...
    it's a rather decent platform... specially when you have fiber :p

9. impar

impar Well-Known Member

Greetings!
    Meo Jogos has nothing to do with Onlive. Its based on Playcast, not Onlive.

10. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Yes they can. Its their store they can sell what they want and when they want. Fair game to them they want to protect their own product.

11. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I'll continue to say it, if brick and mortar stores are to survive, and this is the entire high street not just games stores, they need to make shopping in them a personal experience. They can't compete on price, they can't compete on ease of finding what you want and they currently struggle to compete on speed. How many shops do you go into and have some member of staff eye you up and down with a look of disgust in their eyes, or grunt and sigh when you want to try something on or heaven forbid ask them for help? I've stood in curry's for over 30mins with several staff ignoring me and just chatting among themselves even when I tried to get their attention. The experience needs to be a pleasant one not one where staff see it as an oppurtunity to sell you something you don't want or get you to buy x model since it offers them a higher return. I want correct advice, I want to play with the device without barriers thrown up or it snatched off me after 2mins and I don't want to be grunted at. Learn to frickin talk! Maybe if it does become a "personal experience" then I'd be willing to pay the prices.

12. chiper136

chiper136 New Member

Guess I thought it would come under false advertising or something. But then I guess they could put a sticker over the box or whatever. Still, it is a dickish move.

13. Gundam God

Gundam God New Member

Shame this was only in the US.... would have been fun trying to haggle on price for these 0 day old second hand copies. :D

14. Raijin

Raijin New Member

No offense to anyone that doesn't likie gamestop but i shop there frequently lol. Don't really care what they do seeing as how it's their store and they weren't notified of the coupons. To me Gamestop is just a place like a movie rental, buy cheap games, get your night's worth of entertainment out of them, then place them on the shelf to build your collection. $10 will get you a pretty decent used game that you can spend several hours playing instead of being bored all day lol. And no I'm not advertising Gamestop, just stating my opinion.

15. ssj12

ssj12 Member

really hope Square takes GS to court over tampering with their product.

Tags: Add Tags