1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Gaming 35 – MW3 vs BF3 vs Skyrim

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 19 Nov 2011.

1. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Yes, like the other millions that bought it and will play it constantly over the next year. Shame you cant enjoy it, not that I care :)

2. Canon

Canon Reformed

Just let the other sheep know, the grass is much better outside the pen :p

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well I have both BF3 and MW3 and to be honest I am a Cod player through and through, as I have played them all including Cod 3 on the consoles.

I am disappointed in the graphic's on the PC for BF3, but the gameplay is good especially when you come up against people who have never played a BF game before.

The other thing that annoy's me about BF3 is how long it takes to blow up a tank if you manage to blow it, up at all because of how quick they can be repaired by a engineer.

The tactical light and laser dot is a joke in that they blind you from miles away in the daylight map's, and it's even worse in tunnel's but hey every game has something for the noob's that cannot play without a slight advantage over others.

MW3 is just for run and gun, but you do die allot because the map's are designed for camping.

The map's are to small and so are the player count's because after all it was developed for the Xbox 360 only and then, ported over to the other platform's.

It can be fun to play but mostly it is annoying because of the issues with IWnet etc.

I have around 700+ hours on MW2 and about 500+ on Black Op's and will no doubt have more than 500+ hours on MW3 just like eventually I will on BF3.

BF3 is the better of the 2 games by a long distance simply because it is capable of run and gun and also tactical play and not to mention, it is just a better looking game for the most part apart from the grass and trees etc look better on MW3.

Simple fact is people will choose there game of choose and will defend it like it's a GOD, now I prefer COD and all my clan mates are fully aware of that but BF3 has shocked me and is taking me away from COD simply because of how good it is, but I still will play COD.

COD is good for me for run and gun and mindless fun, BF3 is good for when I want to play something tactically etc.

4. feathers

feathers Minimodder

BF3 single player was grossly cut down due to time restraints in order to meet the publishing deadline. Dice focused on refining the multiplayer. I like to play through single player campaign as well so it's a shame but BF3 is revolutionary in so many ways it doesn't matter.

Skyrim = console port.
    MW3 = console port.

5. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

I have played MW3 online and I enjoy it more than MW2, I don't count blops it's crap, I may never buy another treyarch game again unless it gets a 90%+ review.

But I also agree that BF3 is more of the same too, but generally speaking BF2 was more of an immersive experience than MW2.

I am really looking forward to playing Skyrim also, so for fans of the games none of them will disappoint, for people new to the franchises none of them will disappoint, but for BF3 and MW3 the most fun you will have is online (single player modes are more of a training session for the online epic).

My advice is buy all of them if you can, there's bags of fun to be had, my only gripe (and it's a huge gripe) is that map packs should be free or at least a lot cheaper than they are right now (£3 per map pack max).

6. shaunster1011

shaunster1011 What's a Dremel?

Who cares if skyrim is a console port, its gameplay is awesome and thats what really matters to me.

BF3 is plain boring after the initial WOW of the graphics dies away..

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Add BF3 to the list of console port's as well!

Development changed from PC to consoles half way through otherwise they wouldn't of met, the release date so they had to switch from developing for the pc.

It show's as well that it's a console port because the graphic's don't look as good as some of the Alpha footage, when compared to the retail version.

8. ModaRobby

ModaRobby What's a Dremel?

13:20 "Just listen for a second *chuckle*"

13:20 *uncensored* "Would you #$%^ing shut it for a moment please?"

XD! Love you guys, thanks for another awesome podcast! Your debates are always great. Kills the one hour car ride to work quite nicely.

9. Sutura

Sutura What's a Dremel?

I've got so much laughter with these podcasts. I usually like the UK podcasts better than the US ones. I downloaded two from PC gamer both the US and UK cast, and....UK with the accent and natural behaviour just one me for the cause. But back on the topic. Keep it going. I will try to enter this week's competition, but I couldn't here this part: "if you comment on the....gameplay? of what....you may, MAY have greater chances of winning". Which gameplay? :)

10. Makaveli

Makaveli What's a Dremel?

lol

Stop playing BF3 on low or medium.

11. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

^pops head up^

no one is playing skyward sword?!?!

^retreats to cave^

myyyyyy precioussssss

12. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Disagree with the love for the Skyrim interface; it's OK but could be far, far better. The game is fantastic though so I'll let it slide.

13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I play it on Ultra mate.

The graphic's are better than Call Of Duty games but they are not the best graphic's on the pc.

I will certaintly have to record some game footage so you can see the difference between a real game, made for the pc to use the hardware and this console port.

14. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=2882034&postcount=295

if that's a console port.. maybe your playing twimtbp =] the menus yeah- especially when your power leveling can be somewhat a pain.. but I think it's also like that for a reason.. to slow you down a bit

or it could just be the result of porting it over.. power leveling alchemy now and it's taking forever

I put a crashing to desktop fix for anyone who's interested in the that thread too.. I can't even get into bf3 (lost my high twitch nearly bot like skills.. that's right you don't have those forever!) and after seeing that guy in the jewelry store drop 900 bucks to have a blops skull put on his diamond ring.. I'm good with mw too.. bunch of hosers play that game

15. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Copy pasting the hardware and gaming podcast music again :p

Pedantics pedantics :p

Nice cast, and the skyrim menus are fine. Just wish there was a comparison button or something, accidently sold the armor i was wearing last night. Think that was just cause im getting used to the system.

But the q feature works well.

Iv found if you unselect your bow in this menu, it will go to your previous weopon layout. Mace n sheild etc.

Thanks for the tip on the mouse button clicks for favorites tho. Wasnt aware of that.

And the graphics at times are gorgeous and at other times downright ugly. But the world it self is just gorgeous. Just wish i had more time to play it. Damn work.

16. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

My biggest grip with MW is simply that all the content ie. Net maps should be nothing more than a £10 DLC. That's why people wanted DLC to prevent having to pay £40 for an over polished turd. I feel the same with fifa, the game engine has failed up update so why charge so much for updating excel effectively. Valve have it right with laft4dead, a pure multiplayer game. People base a multiplayer game on single player simply because it's the only thing that changes each year.
    You where searching for a good single player FPS, why not crysis, FEAR both of which have been destroyed by console dumbing down and dare I say halo and killzone. Halo is prob the best example of good single and multiplayer.

17. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

Agree with Javaman, but want to take it further - the map packs should be free (or as much as an app for Android £3), especially when you find that half of them are re-skins of old maps from previous games... shelling out an extra 25%+ of theoriginal game costs for these is nothing short of a TOTAL RIP-OFF!!

18. ModaRobby

ModaRobby What's a Dremel?

MaximumPC's podcasts are actually quite funny, especially when Gordon starts ranting off about Apple products. Give em a try

Tags: Add Tags