1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Gaming headset head to head

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 30 May 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. topher

topher SHam!

why only two? would it not make more sense to review more than two? They've both turned out crap so what do we buy now ?

3. AtomicBanana

AtomicBanana What's a Dremel?

I think this should be 'without them' ? :) Not a bad article, but I feel there's a much wider range of headsets to be covered!

4. plagio

plagio What's a Dremel?

hang on a minute, I have the Sennheiser PC 161 ( I don't wear glasses) and I didn't find no foam cover for the mic.
    What the hell ? Have I got ripped ?

5. GamingHobo

GamingHobo What's a Dremel?

This has been covered before. Waiting to get hold of all the headsets available would mean very infrequent reviews, and isn't a very efficient use of time.

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

We've also introduced the related articles feature at the bottom of the page which should help readers find other similar products we've reviewed so they can compare them against each other.

Yes, I'm afraid you have got ripped, sorry. I've got one of the little mic covers sitting in my desk right now, but don't worry because the PC 161 looks better with it off IMO.

Last edited: 30 May 2007
  7. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Surely a mistake - we haven't FINALLY found something that is cheaper in the UK than the USA?!? Somebody better call ROB at the Department of Unjustified Exploitative Price Hikes to tip him off.

8. CardJoe

Check out the news about Tomb Raider anniversary too - we get that a full 4 days before they do in the US of A! W00t!

9. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Think I will stick with my Medusa 5.1's :p

10. CardJoe

HD 215s! DJ Headphones for teh win!!

11. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Noise cancelation? 5.1 support? Things that are common in looking for a gaming headset?

12. Hypno

Hypno What's a Dremel?

13. poenanie

poenanie What's a Dremel?

I'm sorry to tell you but you have no idea , i'm currently using a sennheiser pc160 ( of wich the 161 is just the same without " bugs " ) and it's superiour to the siberia's both in sound quality , surround and microphone ! The only thing actually better on the siberia are the looks , they're pretty damn hot i have to admit :>

grtz

14. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I always reccomend that someone get a closed can, possibly the sony mdr-v6 ot beyer dt770.

Then after that, pic up a good clip on mic.

15. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

lol in your whole Sennheiser review you didnt actually tell us how they sounded. :duh:

16. sam.g.taylor

sam.g.taylor Apparently I'm Greg Kinnear

Thanks a lot for putting the US prices along with the GBP in reviews! Makes things a lot easier for us Yanks.

17. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

"The sound quality is decently passed down through the earpieces, but those massive cushions could put off some. "

that seems like all he said.. they're 'decent' :eyebrow:

18. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

/agree... and likewise I'm surprised the Creative stuff is cheaper over there :eeek:

19. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

what about their sound performance? things like surround sound placement (i know they arent true 5.1 but they can still provide directional sound) i would have thought that sound quality would have been a major point of the article... i mean aesthetics and practicality are important, but at the end of the day, i choose my cans on sound quality, and im guessing most people wont want to buy more than one set of headphones so those that give good sound quality are a better buy, as they could double as multimedia headphones? also, with such a price difference between the two sets, surely sound quality must be differential? or is this just me?

20. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

Thanks for putting the US prices as well, its weird how we pay so much more for the fatality and yet so much less for the senheiser, the PC150 and 160 series have also been cheap low cost headset solutions over here.

Tags: Add Tags